Love for Baseball | Teen Ink

Love for Baseball

By tbrown19 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
tbrown19 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

The crack of the bat, the pop of the glove, and the smell of spring in the air are the most wonderful features of the best time of year: baseball season.  It’s the time when the air begins to warm and the grass begins to green.  Because the light of day lasts longer, the team is able to stay out for hours just trying to get ready for the game. 

Baseball is the longest season of the year, lasting more than six months.  Some say it’s too long, I say it’s not long enough.  Considered to be “America’s Pastime”, baseball has a vast history and great popularity among the American public.  But because baseball doesn’t have the most entertaining aspects to the game, it has recently lost some popularity.  Baseball is a mental game, if a person has the right mentality, he will be a successful player. 

I love baseball more than any sport because of the fact that it’s not all about athleticism, it takes smarts to be successful and the right mindset.  Hand-eye coordination is the biggest thing a baseball player needs.  The game of baseball is a game that can take everything away from you in one throw because of the easy ability to tear something in the arms and shoulders.

Having the God-given ability to be a successful baseball player is a blessing to me because baseball is such an easy game to fall in love with.  Being on the baseball field takes away all off-the-field issues I may have had that day.  Baseball is a stress reliever.  There’s nothing like making a play on the baseball field and all of the fans applaud and the coaches and teammates give words of encouragement.  Baseball is America’s sport, and I am honored to say that I have the ability to play this wonderful game.