Brothers | Teen Ink

Brothers

By Inebdominator BRONZE, Marengo, Iowa
Inebdominator BRONZE, Marengo, Iowa

Smile now for tommorow could be worse

According to the U.S. News, more than 7.6 million students played sports during the 2010-2011 school year, an increase of nearly 40,000 students compared to 2009-2010. I am an all-season sports player. I participate in football, wrestling, track, and baseball. In all the years I have played sports, I have worked with many different types of teammates. According to Jane Howard's essay In Search of the Good Family, the team that I have the strongest sense of community in is my wrestling. I am proud to be an Iowa Valley Tiger' wrestler. I have developed some amazing friendships over the years. In every sport there is a chief. The chief of wrestling would definitely be our coach, Jeremy Kreigel. We also have a numerous amount of co-leaders which are assistant coaches. They help teach us new moves and helps react faster to different situation. We have Brice Brecht, Brent Bral, Joe Kreigel, and Joel Kiem. They always enjoy beating up on us when we are exhausted and can't wrestle.  

On our wrestling team we have what you would call a switchboard operator, or a know-it- all. That person would be Zachary Smith. You could ask him any question and he would just know the answer to it. We also have a much to all, or someone that is very wise. That would be Josh Jordan. Josh just knows a lot of information and could probably write a book for you, even though he has had a lot of concussions he still has a brain.

Let's talk about Drake for a little bit. Drake is the kind of guy that doesn't believe in excuses. If we have morning practice and there is a foot of snow on the ground, Drake will go and pick any wrestler up and make sure he get to practice. If that isn't good enough then you are more then welcome to stay at his house. Drake is the hospitable guy on the team and always believes in success.

When you see another wrestling team at a tournament, their is always that one guy that you can pick out that is the crazy one. I'm going to have to give the direness award to me. In practice I always want to screw around and do nothing. I always make jokes even when they aren't really funny, but hey you can't blame someone that never tries. A team needs this guy to lift them up when they are all feeling down.

Wrestling is probably the best sport in the world. When you are in school, all you can do is dread the whole day because you have practice. What most people don't understand is wrestling is one of the toughest sports in the world. You go to practice and sweat through the pain and hard work that your coaches put you through, so you can get better. According to Jane Howard's essay, I think that my wrestling team is a good community, based on her ideas of what a good community is. My wrestling Fits every category that Jane believes in.