A Higher | Teen Ink

A Higher

Dear God,

The theory of evolution seemed to shrink more and more to me as I read the first chapter of your book “The Holy Bible.” In my opinion your book’s purpose was to inform and exercise the thoughts of your readers. One could have taken what they read and analyzed it in many ways, but I chose the scientific point of view. Science has never been my favorite subject, but I had never been more intrigued as I was when I read Genesis. The first thing that comes to mind when I hear of evolution is the theory that human beings came from another group of beings by the name of monkeys. I used to contemplate back and forth about evolution versus biblical belief, but you changed all of that. The way you spoke about human creation was very specific and provided facts to support your details. It was very powerful how something as simple as your word brought things into existence. For example, when you said let the humans be fruitful and multiply. Humans today are constantly being fruitful, and you only had to speak once. Your work is amazing. You introduced me to a more complex way of thinking, changed my outlook and broadened my knowledge of life. My father once told me that the human body is like a car. Like our veins that carry through out our bodies, cars have wires. Someone created lights or eyes to where they would fit perfectly in their sockets. The key word through all of that was “someone.” Someone had to sit, study, and plan out the functions of the human body, which is parallel to that of a car. If we were derived from monkeys, then why aren’t we still coming from them today? Genesis said that God created man in his own image. The Bible never said that God was a talking genius of a monkey.

I gathered that your character was very powerful and omnipotent. Anything that you asked of someone, they would do, no matter how crazy it would sound. . Throughout your book many scenarios took place that I would have never expected to happen. In the chapter of Ezekiel, you told him to walk into the valley and speak to the dry bones and command the wind to breathe life into the corps that once lived, so that they could live again. Reading all of those things I felt that your book was better than any Harry Potter Book. It was also very versatile. Some stories made you smile, cry, and sometimes just left you to sit and think about what you read.

After reading your book I found some quite interesting things about you. Like Mark Twain, you too have other names that you are called. You are said to be, Jehova-Jireh, The Beginning and the End, The Alpha and Omega, and my favorite, The Father Son and the Holy Spirit. I also found out that your book is the number one seller in the world, and has been for many years. I applaud you on your work and accomplishment. I aspire to be more and more like you everyday.

Inspired by Mrs.Nolen (competitive writing teacher)

Dreamboat said...
on Mar. 22 2011 at 2:23 pm
Dreamboat, Madison, Wisconsin

My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.

Your writing is very good. Thank you.

on Aug. 26 2010 at 3:04 pm
AngelicaM BRONZE, Warren, Michigan
My favorite article! It has a beautiful message and gives hope. The Lord is truly amazing!