Soccer | Teen Ink

Soccer

By ErikN BRONZE, Glendale, California
ErikN BRONZE, Glendale, California

My life revolves around soccer. Weather I’m at school, home, alone, or with friends, it is always on my mind. I watch and play both the real game in a team and the video game. I don’t ever see the sport not being a part of my life for as long as I live. Soccer, to me, is an escape. Anytime, anywhere, thinking about playing or watching my favorite team play instantly boosts my mood. Soccer really is my drug.

I’m an only child, but I see my two best friends as the brothers I never had. They too have a common crazy love for soccer and our relationship formed when we met at soccer practice. Coincidentally, we love the same professional team, which is Real Madrid from the Spanish city, Madrid. Watching them play brings the three of us together and we bond in either a positive or negative way, depending on the aftermath. Either way, we support each other and laugh about it at the end of the day.

The video game my friends and I play together is called FIFA 15. The whole concept of video games might seem pointless to the average adult, but it really is a huge part of many people’s lives. As a fan myself, it impacted my life greatly, as I got closer to most of my friends by playing video games. My friends and I join a virtual party on PlayStation Network where we talk and play the game for hours long, laughing and using team work to play. Soccer really is my passion and love and I don’t ever see myself living without getting involved somehow.