Who Is Kobe Bryant? | Teen Ink

Who Is Kobe Bryant?

By Mike3 BRONZE, Glendale, California
Mike3 BRONZE, Glendale, California

Who is Kobe Bryant? Kobe Bryant is the definition of dedication, perfection, and leadership. Kobe, aka the Black Mamba, was born August 23, 1978. While attending Lower Merion High School in Pennsylvania, he was an outstanding basketball player; he was known as the best in the county as a high school student. Upon graduation young Kobe announced his eligibility for the NBA Draft. He was selected by the Charlotte Hornets in 1996 and later traded to the Los Angeles Lakers as a rookie.  In 1997 he won the Slam Dunk contest and became an automatic fan favorite. Who would have guessed that while playing for the Los Angeles Lakers, Kobe, would accomplish five world championships. He is also in the top five most active point leader of all time scoring 31,973 points in his entire career.  Most sports news casters say that he will soon pass Michael Jordan’s all time high in points scored. He was able to do most of the hard work on his own, but his teammates would always be on standby to make sure the game was a victory. Kobe and Shaq were a dynamic duo. When we think of fireworks, we can compare it to these two players on the court. Kobe Bryant has reached the end of his career and is starting to play a little bit worse then he has ever played, but we can’t forget how many times we have hoped and prayed for him, by himself, to win games that the Laker were on the verge of losing. He is one of the greatest players to play this game and should be remembered for his victories. The sun will always shine on him by the Los Angeles Lakers fans because his accomplishments have been ones that won’t be forgotten for a long time. The Lakers will surely miss him when he decides to retire and the fans will be devastated to see yet another star hang up his jersey and watch the game just like every other person.