Athletes In Physical Education? | Teen Ink

Athletes In Physical Education?

By T.C.5.0. SILVER, St.Louis, Missouri
T.C.5.0. SILVER, St.Louis, Missouri

What I think about athletes having to perform in gym is this. Athletes should have to do all the things that non-athletes do when it comes to school. What I think would happen is that social groups will form and bullying will occur based on whether or not you play sports. Another reason would be that non sports players would not have the opportunities that sports players would have being that athletes would have more time to do their homework or work on other things while their counterparts the non athletes would not get those opportunities and might feel left out. One more reason I think it would be a bad idea is that the P.E. teachers would feel very bored and feel more inclined to leave their job because they wouldn’t be entertained anymore by the athletes. Not saying that people who don’t play sports aren’t good at them I’m just saying that the people who do play them are better just naturally. Their bodies are more adapted to hard work therefore they would work harder and more than the non athletes.

I myself am an athlete and if I was not allowed to participate or discouraged to participate in physical education I would be devestated. That is the one part of my school day I can look forward to.