MJ to KD | Teen Ink

MJ to KD

Kevin Durant is inevitably going to be a better scorer than Michael Jordan. That right there is a bold statement of itself, how could anyone outshine possibly the greatest player the NBA has ever seen? Your answer is in Kevin Durant. The 25 year old member of the Oklahoma City Thunder is a hot prospect in the NBA. Ever since he debuted in the 2007 NBA draft he has been turning heads as the 6’9 small forward has the potential to outscore anyone he plays. Durant has made history in the few years he’s been playing. He’s overcome many weaknesses, early on in his career he is biggest issue was being caught by defenders and having to switch his play style on the court. He was often forced to stop for a 3 before he could get any closer to the basket. Durant has overcome weaknesses like these and has recently broken MJ’s streak of over 25 pt. games. Durant is really just starting his unavoidably legendary career. Durant even touches into MJ’s step back jumper. On the magic he had 42.8% shooting and has continued on the height rates ever since. Very rarely does a big man have the athletic ability to do what KD does and overall he is a physical anomaly on the court. He is certainly one of the best players to ever wear a Thunder jersey and has many more amazing performances to come in the near future.