Harry Potter Nostalgia

A few days back I finished a novel I had recently bought. I now scanned my bookshelf in search of another to reread. My eyes hit the Harry Potter series. Without stopping for a thought, I gently pulled it out and started reading again.

I just finished rereading the whole series. For around the twentieth time or maybe more. I stare upon the books next to me now, coming apart, yet beloved, and I wonder if I’m alone. Alone in my love for the series. I know that it has been over a year since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released – a painful year of memories - yet I have been committed and loyal to the series since. Has it been a single day since the sacred day so long ago when Bloomsbury announced when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was going to be released? I have been a fan of Harry Potter for so long, and rereading is an obsession. I still remember Harry Potter throughout my life . . . every good memory is to do with Harry Potter. I yet remember the day I logged onto Mugglenet, and read the sentence “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to be released on July the 21st 2007.” It was one of the greatest days of my life – the greatest itself was the release of the book – and I started rereading the whole series. I honestly state here that since that moment, two or more years ago, there has not been a single day where I have not read Harry Potter.

And I have wondered whether there is anyone else in the world that supports this obsession. I found out there are. Millions – probably billions – to this day reveal loyal to the series. I – we all – miss the “Harry Potter days” so much . . . it is a feeling inexorable and uncontrollable. Yet the nostalgia is alive in every fan of Harry Potter. We all remember how we used to get so excited – and still get excited – when we read one of the parts again. How it fills our hearts with glee, happiness, and eternal joy. When you can feel that this is where you belong; hidden behind a Harry Potter book.

I can almost bet this era is going to be named the “Harry Potter Age” when we’re all in history books. All of us should so honored to be in the time where we witnessed the very release of Harry Potter. We should be proud Harry Potter fans. Proud that we hold this place, this position among the billions of fans worldwide.

No doubt . . . the Harry Potter series has brought magic to this world in a different, unique way. All of us are attracted to the books – glued to it – forever. No matter how many disasters strike you, how old you get and whatsoever happens . . . Harry Potter is always there to cheer you up. And with this, I need to get back to the Deathly Hallows. Hope I’m not alone.

micheifmanaged said...
today at 11:57 pm:
I'm only 13, and some of my fellow potter fans might think, 'oh shes one of those saw the movies and now its yay! i love gryffindor!! kinda fan'. but i, thankfully am different from that and i seriously love and appreciate these classic stories because i knew when i was reading the books, know matter how sucky that day was i could brush it off and read. this series has sparked a love for reading in me i havent had in a looongg time, so yeah, thanks for letting me know im ... (more »)

tbabe13 said...
I love the harry potter series my books are falling apart to from constant reading but would also like to say that i absolutely love the twilight series not as much as harry potter but close just because a lot of people like it more doesn't mean that its a stupid book i love them both and i proudly proclaim that i am a harry potter and twilight freak

iamthesmartone said...
Nov. 25, 2009 at 7:31 am:
you basically rock,harry potter has had such a presence on our childhoods and it is not worth abandoning such a wonderful fandom for one crawling with sparkly vampas.

Alexandra Lupin said...
Nov. 15, 2009 at 2:30 am:
Great story, Lish. I've been reading HP since I was five, and it is definitely still as important to me now as it was then. It was very moving.

HP Forever said...
Someone who is loyal to, extremely loyal to Harry Potter. Someone who ISN'T running off to Twilight. I applaud you. I want to HUG you right now. I completely 100% Agree with you. Harry Potter is the sun in my sky. <3

poopiemilkshake said...
Great story