Harry Potter Nostalgia | Teen Ink

Harry Potter Nostalgia

November 6, 2008
By e.nadeem PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
e.nadeem PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
37 articles 0 photos 8 comments

A few days back I finished a novel I had recently bought. I now scanned my bookshelf in search of another to reread. My eyes hit the Harry Potter series. Without stopping for a thought, I gently pulled it out and started reading again.

I just finished rereading the whole series. For around the twentieth time or maybe more. I stare upon the books next to me now, coming apart, yet beloved, and I wonder if I’m alone. Alone in my love for the series. I know that it has been over a year since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released – a painful year of memories - yet I have been committed and loyal to the series since. Has it been a single day since the sacred day so long ago when Bloomsbury announced when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was going to be released? I have been a fan of Harry Potter for so long, and rereading is an obsession. I still remember Harry Potter throughout my life . . . every good memory is to do with Harry Potter. I yet remember the day I logged onto Mugglenet, and read the sentence “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to be released on July the 21st 2007.” It was one of the greatest days of my life – the greatest itself was the release of the book – and I started rereading the whole series. I honestly state here that since that moment, two or more years ago, there has not been a single day where I have not read Harry Potter.

And I have wondered whether there is anyone else in the world that supports this obsession. I found out there are. Millions – probably billions – to this day reveal loyal to the series. I – we all – miss the “Harry Potter days” so much . . . it is a feeling inexorable and uncontrollable. Yet the nostalgia is alive in every fan of Harry Potter. We all remember how we used to get so excited – and still get excited – when we read one of the parts again. How it fills our hearts with glee, happiness, and eternal joy. When you can feel that this is where you belong; hidden behind a Harry Potter book.

I can almost bet this era is going to be named the “Harry Potter Age” when we’re all in history books. All of us should so honored to be in the time where we witnessed the very release of Harry Potter. We should be proud Harry Potter fans. Proud that we hold this place, this position among the billions of fans worldwide.

No doubt . . . the Harry Potter series has brought magic to this world in a different, unique way. All of us are attracted to the books – glued to it – forever. No matter how many disasters strike you, how old you get and whatsoever happens . . . Harry Potter is always there to cheer you up. And with this, I need to get back to the Deathly Hallows. Hope I’m not alone.