curriculum without sports | Teen Ink

curriculum without sports

By deepthi SILVER, Karur, Other
deepthi SILVER, Karur, Other

can we imagine a curriculum without sports? The immediate answer would be no,it is impossible.but why? Sports not only helps us to get relaxed but it helps to keep our body fit and healthy.Academics can make us mentally fit.But sports helps us to be mentally and physically fit.
Lack of sports and physical activities may lead to early stages of diabetes nd other such diseases at an very young age.sports serves as a career option to those who are not good in academics.sports helps children to inculcate a lot of good attributes in thier life.We would have participated in many competititions and faced both happy and sad endings.we should not get disheartened by the failures and with firm will and determination we could surely taste the fruit of success.so we will learn "FAILURES ARE THE STEPPING STONES TO SUCCESS".
Secondly "UNITY IS STRENGTH"
We will understand the meaning of this problem when we participate in team sports.In order to achieve success all the members should work together without any hatred and the captain or the leader should organise the team in a healthy manner.so the captain learns the LEADERSHIP QUALITIESand the team members will learn TEAM WORK.So "UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL".
when we participate in inter school competitions we may get a chance to mingle with other children from various societies and cultures.so we may learn good attibutes from them and we are SOCIALIZED.We not only develope these qualities but also austerity,selfconfidence,responsib
lity and other attributes for a successful life.Sport helps the children to relieve from stress.And a student who starts learning after certain hours of playing will learn the lessons much faster than the students who doesnt play.It is just because their mind is fresh to accept new thoughts and information.sports plays a pivital role in shaping the child into a good athlete and a healthy good citizen.so sports play an inevitable role in curriculum.