boxing fun or dangrous | Teen Ink

boxing fun or dangrous

By Annabella BRONZE, Parkland, Florida
Annabella BRONZE, Parkland, Florida

live love life

From a young age most parents bestow in their children that fighting is wrong. Not to use your fists but your words. This has brought up a big debate about boxing. Should you let your kids in a ring to get beat up? I suppose not. Even just letting kids watch boxing can introduce dire consequences. Watching boxing can influence kids, teens, and adults to fight. Teenagers might try to organize their own matches. With no referee there is no rules, with no doctor on sight it can be terrifying if someone gets hurt. People might want to be like their favorite stars. Does that make it okay to hurt other children? Watching violent things can encourage your offspring to be violent, this can lead to animal abuse, physical and mental bullying, and human abuse, all serious charges.

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the words boxing? Violence, hitting, and punching all these things lead to injury. If you break a bone there is a healing time. How are you supposed to make money now? Most boxers suffer bad health problems at a young age. You would have to retire early. An early retirement does not sound so bad right? It’s not that great if you retire early not by choice. One of the most obvious causes from injury is being in pain. Eventually you won’t be able to tolerate the pain and your doctor will give you a prescription for pain medicine. You take it and what happens, you get addicted. I don’t think I need to explain what happens next. Some injures are so severe they can lead to death. The worse parts is not the fact your dead it’s the fact that all your friends, family and fans are sad and this all could have been prevented.

People that you face in the ring might not be fighting for the same reasons as you. They may just get enjoy out of legally hurting someone. If that’s the case I honestly doubt that they are going to be too happy if they lose. One word could change your life forever “rematch”. They might have a different idea in mind though. This can be dangerous. Being injured is no good when you make a living boxing.

So why risk you or your child life by exposing them to this madness. If there is no reason to watch this there is not any purpose to do it. Fighting is wrong and so is fighting in an organized manner.

on Apr. 4 2011 at 10:40 am
Annabella BRONZE, Parkland, Florida

live love life

sorry its one sided my teacher assigned this and said that i wwas doing con.