Districts and Conferences for Private High Schools | Teen Ink

Districts and Conferences for Private High Schools

May 21, 2019
By Anonymous

Districts and Conferences For Private High Schools
In high school sports, private schools should have their own separated conferences and districts. Private schools that recruit athletes from all around the country shouldn't be allowed to play against average high schools that don't stand a chance. There are plenty of private recruiting high schools close enough to each other for these conferences and districts to be formed. It only makes sense to have private high schools compete against each other, because otherwise private schools will continue to dominate normal high schools that can’t compete at the same level as them. The reason private schools should have their own conferences and districts is to give surrounding private schools actual competition and to help allow the athletic success of normal high schools.


When private schools play against normal schools it usually isn't a competitive game and the private school usually ends up blowing out the normal school. In order to give private recruiting schools actual competition, they need to play teams that are at the same skill level as them. Creating conferences and districts with only private schools will allow these schools to face teams that will be able to actually compete with them. This will also allow normal schools to play competitive games as well, because they will face teams that are the same skill level as them, and they won’t get blown out by private schools every game. If normal high schools don't recruit athletes like private schools do, then how are they supposed to even stand a chance against these private schools? If there’s two highly competitive schools that both recruit athletes, then those games could turn out to be very entertaining and highly competitive, which is what the fans, players, and coaches want to see and be a part of.


Private schools are in a whole other league when it comes to athletic ability and skills, which is why private schools should have their own “league”. I remember when we had to play a private Catholic school in volleyball and football, and in both of our meetings in these two different sports, the private Catholic school completely destroyed us. The games weren't even that fun, and by the halfway point in the games, the fans of both teams lost interest in what was happening on the field and court. In order to keep the fans entertained and the players competing to the best of their abilities there has to be some level of competition, and the games have to be somewhat entertaining. When normal high schools play private high schools, the game is usually dominated by the private high school and the players and fans from both teams lose interest in what's happening in the game. One way to keep players and fans interested and entertained in the games is to have private high schools play each other, because the games will be more competitive and fun, while at the same time have the normal high schools compete against each other in order to make their games more competitive and fun as well.


When private high schools are allowed to beat up on normal high schools, the games aren't as fun and interesting. Players, coaches, and fans lose interest in the game and the competition because the outcome of the game is already determined before the first play is even finished. Normal schools that don't recruit are at an immediate disadvantage and don't have the same athletes and skill sets that private schools can achieve through recruitment. This problem can be solved by creating conferences and districts exclusively for dominate and talented private schools. By creating these conferences for private schools, the games of both private and non private schools will be more competitive, fun, entertaining, and exciting. What's there to lose by creating these districts and conferences and giving this idea a try?