It's not so hard. | Teen Ink

It's not so hard.

By TheQuietPoet BRONZE, West Chester, Ohio
TheQuietPoet BRONZE, West Chester, Ohio

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

How do you take a photo?
When I take a photo, I pay attention to several elements.

I'm not talking about making the perfect Instagram post to get as many likes possible or the popular tweet to take over the Internet. It's not about applying filters and presets. Or creating the one-of-a-kind caption.

Instead, I simply take a shot of what I feel. If I'm sad, it won't be bright. If I'm anxious, the contrast may be a little too strong. If it's cold, the colors will be sharper than usual.

Angles, colors, and shadows are only a few of the many aspects that need to be considered for an exemplary piece. It's easy to click the shutter but harder to grab the aura of a moment. Even when editing can play quite a role in enhancing the quality of a photo, the photographer has to give it his or her best to make the most out of it.

The secret to taking the best photo is not capturing the most of the scene, but the most of how you feel. If you want to emphasize an element, be the audience. Before pulling up the camera, take a nice glance around and hunt for the golden nugget. Survey the scene and think to yourself,

What do I want to see?

What is it that I see here that is worthy of a picture?

From the answer to these two questions, you can work out the rest. Through this analysis, I can not only find what to include in an image but how to emphasize it as well.

Taking a photo sounds easy, but it gets more perplexing further on. Trends change and perspectives vary, and staying consistent with both can be challenging. But of course, this doesn't make the project impossible.

Determine your goal, and good luck on your next capture.

Photography is more than colors. It's more than a portrait. It's the emotions, the personality, and the thoughts all combined with colors. It's an ambience that needs to be appreciated and seen not through eyes but an open heart.