Last Ride | Teen Ink

Last Ride

Sports. Sports bring us together as one. It is not easy, and it does come with many sacrifices. With practices in the offseason to prepare for the new season and with daily practices during the season, sports take hard work and dedication. It's tough at the time, but it is all for one goal: to win. You may not win every game or meet, but the effort is always relentless to leave it all on the field, court, track, or in the pool. One thing that often gets overlooked is your teammates. They are there through thick and thin. Even though you may have differences, or they may be your best friends, you always put full effort not only for you but also for them. Instead of playing only as individuals, we come together as one. “There is no I in team.” We pick each other up when we lose and celebrate the sweet victories when we win. Winning makes you feel like you are on top of the world and that all the work you put in was worth it. No matter if you play basketball, football, soccer, tennis, golf, swimming, bowling, wrestling, baseball, or softball, we are all one. We are all Seabreeze Sandcrabs! For seniors, this is it. This is our last ride. There are lots of last times for seniors, but we should savor every moment of it. For some of us, this will be the last time we play a sport for our school, and we have to make it count. This year is the year that we leave our legacy and our footprint on our high school forever. From teams across all sports, we are a part of one big family, and it is the best family you could be a part of. We are one.

I tried to capture this last moment for seniors in my class and also include everyone with every sport for the yearbook.