Dreams Can Become a Reality | Teen Ink

Dreams Can Become a Reality

By OnePunchMan SILVER, Sacramento, California
OnePunchMan SILVER, Sacramento, California

"I don't quit, I don't run, and I don't ever go back on my word because that's my ninja way!"- Naruto Uzumaki/ Masashi Kishimoto

Dreams are not just something you get when you sleep, it’s also something you are able to visualize and make into reality. Everyone has dreams, even me. The person who I was back then did not have a dream, but the person who I am right now, at this very moment, has a dream. I will ensure that this dream of mines becomes a reality some day. My dream is to be one of the best dancers within the dance community. This is my calling and I have no intention of giving up on this dream, otherwise all of my hard work and progress would have been for nothing.  Everyday this is what I visualize and this dream of mines will become a reality.

I want to be a well known dancer because being well known can bring me a lot of opportunities along the way. Opportunities like connecting with others, getting flown out to go to events, and expand and sharing my knowledge. The best of the best that I know always have the chance to go travel everywhere. This is something that I would love. I get to be free.

To be a able to have this dream come true, there are a couple steps that I have to take before my dream can be a reality. The first step, comes practice. I can’t be the best if I don’t train, I just can’t put in no work and wait for things to happen. I have to work hard. Secondly, I have to start entering battles. Battles play an important role in the life of a dancer. You start winning them, then you can start to draw other dancer’s attention, especially those that are pros. Final step is to graduate from school and get a job. This is to ensure that I will be able to take care of myself and support my dream.

Now I know that I won’t be able to do this all by myself i would need to make connections with other dancers. The more the better. I’ll be notified about events coming up, I get to train with them, and maybe form a team with them. All I know is that teamwork makes the dream work. Then we will enter in competitions and win.

All it takes is hard work and motivation. I am a highly motivated guy always ready. For me giving up is not an option. Dance right now is the only thing I have passion for. A wise man once said to never give up. This is my life motto and I’ll follow it forever until the day I die.

I was nothing when I started, but now because of my hard work and dedication, I can potentially be something big. My friends see it, some of my family members see it, and my dance instructor along with some of her friends see it. I’m proud of how far I’ve come and this just goes to show that hard work pays off. This process is just baby steps right now, but later on in life, I’ll be known.

What drove me to write about this piece is my passion and dedication to dance. Dance has always been there for me, whenever I'm stressed, sad, or angry. I dance it all off. DAnce is what gives me power and it's what gives me the motivation to get out of my bed everyday.