Why the Baltimore Ravens Will Win the Super Bowl Next Year | Teen Ink

Why the Baltimore Ravens Will Win the Super Bowl Next Year

June 14, 2018
By JTTTTTT BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
JTTTTTT BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Baltimore Ravens: 2019 Super Bowl Champions. Although I could be the only one predicting that right now, there are many factors that support this statement. They have an unbelievable defense, a steady quarterback, and new weapons from free agency and the draft. They also have a mix of young hungry players, and old veteran leaders. Their young and upcoming players include linebacker CJ Mosley, cornerback Marlon Humphrey, and running back Alex Collins. While their veterans consist of linebacker Terrell Suggs, lineman Marshal Yanda, and safety Eric Weddle. Overall, they have a great cast of players to have a special season next year.  

The strength of this Ravens team is unquestionably their defense. Last year their defense was ranked third overall, and lead the league with 22 interceptions and 12 fumble recoveries. Turnovers forced are the best way to judge a defense, and nobody was better than the Baltimore Ravens in that category last year. On top of that, their defense was what kept them in the games last year. While their offense was brutal and even hard to watch sometimes, the defense would come in to save the game. So not only were they playing great, they were playing that good with a terrible offense supporting them. With all that being said about last year's defense, this years has the opportunity to be even better. With all returning starters coming back, and the return of defensive end Brent Urban, who was hurt all last season, makes this defense very dangerous. All in all, this defense is the strength of this team, and can lead them to a super bowl.

Another important factor the Ravens have is their quarterback Joe Flacco. Although he did not have a very good season last year, that is due to change this year. He got new weapons in the passing game, and he is going to get pushed by new rookie quarterback Lamar Jackson. Despite most people believing it is bad for him because of the controversy, it actually has the opposite effect because he is getting pushed to perform. He now has to worry about losing his job, and can't be so comfortable with making mistakes. In addition, he is a Super Bowl caliber quarterback. In 2012, he lead the Ravens to Super Bowl XLVI, as well as being awarded the MVP trophy. To sum up he is a very good player, and he is showing all the signs to get back on track next year.

The last reason the ravens are bound to have a fantastic season is because of the new players they acquired in free agency and in the draft. Their weakest link last year was their wide receivers, and they definitely addressed that in free agency. They signed receivers Michael Crabtree, John Ross, and Willie Snead. Although none of these players are all stars, they contribute very well to an already successful team. As well as free agency, their draft class was nothing but spectacular. They drafted tight ends Hayden Hurst and Mark Andrews to go along with their plan in surrounding Joe Flacco with better pass catchers. They also drafted quarterback  Lamar Jackson, who is more of a player for the future, but can help the Ravens by keeping Joe Flacco on his best game. Finally, not only do all these factors make the Baltimore Ravens a contender, it makes them the favorite to win the Super Bowl.