Peace | Teen Ink

Peace

April 26, 2017
By C.S.Dogood GOLD, San Juan Capistrano, California
C.S.Dogood GOLD, San Juan Capistrano, California
15 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small does not serve the world. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.”


Peace is such an important aspect of all lives, yet we never seem to be able to find It. Peace is uncircumstantial- you could be in the busiest time in your life or laying on a beach and still achieve peace. But the question is how? Of course it is easier to reflect inwardly and connect with yourself and God when you aren't doing very many things, but maybe it is the other way around. Perhaps closer connection to God and to yourself can be achieved through finding the joy and light amidst all the craziness of every day life. Take this example. Someone who lives in Haiti, a busy and chaotic nation that has been devastated by an earthquake, can have peace. They find the joy in their lives through whatever makes them happy, shines brightly uniquely to them. In contrast, we are so fortunate and have been given so many opportunities. Many of us have been blessed with loving families, friends and communities, yet we cannot seem to find the peace. We find the difficulty and hardship in every day instead of reflecting upon the blessings and love of God and those around us. How do we find this peace? How do we connect with ourselves, finding the ability to dig out and augment the shining joy within our lives even amidst all the turmoil and difficulty. In reality, our lives are not that difficult. We all have been blessed, by God, with generally incredible lives. I believe that the way to find this peace, within ourselves(and not from an external source) is by taking the time to connect with God, however busy or complicated your life may be.