An Odd Concept

Religion is such an odd concept. Sitting in the rows of threadbare seats. Listening to someone wearing a outfit and a disgusted look on their face, preach something you don't understand. For your sake at least, let's hope you don't understand it. Because to be able to fully agree with everything that a little old bible says is true insanity.
You can turn a blind eye, to the racism, sexism, homophobia, and other hate that is held in the leather bound book you hold so dear, or you can comply to it.

If you deny it, and still say that the bible is full of only love, then I guess you and I can argue more about it in hell. I'll see you there, and I'm looking forward to it. After all, we’ll both be burning together. You committed blasphemy, and I of course broke too many rules in the bible to count. Oh well, hell doesn't sound too bad to me. I imagine Satan as a total twink, maybe he plays rock music, and has a big burly boyfriend. Me and Ellen Degeneres can spend our days together, watching all the children that forgot to not “wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material” play on the fiery red jungle gym. Sounds pleasant to be honest, doesn't it?

If you agree with all the disturbing passages, than congratulations, I suppose you have a chance at getting into heaven, as long as you also remember to follow the random unimportant little rules. Have fun with the soggy grey clouds. Tell God I say “screw you” for me. Then again, you might very likely get kicked out for that. Does that sound like paradise to you? Working your entire life to get to some home in the clouds, just to need to keep work your butt off to stay in that place full of stuck up popes, rapists that for some reason were forgiven (1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”), and angels trapped behind there haloes, still miserable, even in death? You spent so much time sitting in stuffy rows, praying to get here. Now that you're there, you could still be kicked out, after all lucifer was. Did he deserve to be kicked out? If you think about it, every wrong he did can really be pinned on “God”. After all God created everything, including Lucifer.

“Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.” Leviticus 19:19
“Ye shall not round the corners of your heads”. Leviticus 19:27
“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent.”  Timothy 2:12

1 Samuel 15:3: "This is what the Lord Almighty says ... 'Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'

Exodus 22:18: "Do not allow a sorceress to live."

"Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us / He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."  Psalm 137

“In the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.” Romans 1:27

Ephesians 5:22, "Wives, submit to you husbands as to the Lord"

1 Peter 2:18: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel."

To ignore the quotes above is beyond ignorant. They are not “holy”, they are a perfect example of hate speech, and inspire violence all around the world. People will spend their entire lives worshiping the words of men 3500 years ago. It's time to pull away from these ridiculously terrible opinions, and start using your own morals instead of following the directions of your imaginary friend in the clouds.