Crystal Teens: Misunderstood Gifts | Teen Ink

Crystal Teens: Misunderstood Gifts

By BuddingRose GOLD, Irwin, Pennsylvania
BuddingRose GOLD, Irwin, Pennsylvania

"A person's a person, no matter how small." -Dr.Suess

Within the last decade, a spiritual awakening has been taking place. Not with preaching or reading material about how you could earn salvation in twelve easy steps or whatever, but with the younger generation. I know that Millenials like me get a bad rep when it comes to religious adherence, but that doesn't mean that we don't like God. In fact, some of the millenais are what you can call "Crystal Teens". 

We are not made of the beautiful rock mind you, but instead, we are gifted in ways that people could not ever understand in thier life. We are society's outcasts that probably get bullied in the school yard or degraded by science. We are often labled by the medical teams as "Austistic" or "Disabled", but truth is, we are much more than what the medical professionals tell us we are.

Look at me, twelve years autistic and yet doing so well in the arts and proving the medical professionals wrong. We offer hope for a brighter future in a world plagued by terrorism and hate. It is not that we are too soft or that we are strange by how we live are lives, it is that we are different in the way we go about our daily routines. We see, hear, feel, and know things that most people are too afraid of to accept as normal. In the end, we, as the Crystal Teens will not be subject to ridiclue by our non-Crystal peers, or rejected by medical knowlege, but will provide a better future for the next generation. 

I only knew I was spiritually gifted when I was 13 years old. When I found a friend who understood me, that was the best moment of my life. For all the Crystal Teens out there, this one's for you.