Just a Little Faith | Teen Ink

Just a Little Faith

By s.g0nz BRONZE, Napa, California
s.g0nz BRONZE, Napa, California

It was early in the morning, everyone was asleep. My mom's conscious constantly kept waking her up. My mom woke up one last time and was surprised by the silence in the house, I used to snored when I was younger she got up and ran to my crib.  It was the silence of an innocent infant trying to catch her breath. She woke my dad and they hurried to the hospital. As an infant, I was failing to grow normally. The doctors did many tests and discovered I had a severe heart murmur causing many heart defects The doctors weren’t quite sure I’d make it, and because of that many complications came to my family. Stress and doubt filled my surroundings. My parents still had faith that God would take control. About a month later they did an Electrocardiogram test, placing many probes on my chest. The results were incredible, almost hard to believe because nothing was there it was as if it just disappeared. Not only were my parents astonished, but the doctors were too. It wasn’t something they saw every day.

I believe that miracles do happen and with just a little faith, everything can change. Although these struggles came, it still shaped an important part in my life. Still to this day I know that better is yet to come. And yes, maybe sometimes we don't get what we want, but if you think about it everything happens for a reason. I learned to have a positive vibe and stay joyful at all times. Some people disdain my joy and others question it, but I always remember Audrey Hepburn's own belief  “ I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.” 

Many people think miracles are simply a coincidence but actually living a miracle helps me understand the meaning of life.  I wasn’t just put in this world for nothing, I should be sharing this hope with others.    At the age of four I was told many stories about  God. As I grew up I began to understand them and live them. It was amazing to see many supernatural things happen by just having faith in God. My goals in life are to make sure I  have empathy for people in tough situations, for me to share my story and to always have faith even through my darkest times.        

Now whenever you feel like there's no hope have faith and never give up. These words are told often, which makes people wonder if they're even true but even when your situation isn't so big never stop believing in the things that God is capable of doing and the miracles that can happen.

My personal expiriences really inspired me.