The Moon | Teen Ink

The Moon

By jegriswold3 GOLD, Lexington, South Carolina
jegriswold3 GOLD, Lexington, South Carolina

The moon makes me feel so connected. Like I feel lost? Look to the moon. Feeling alone? Look to the moon. Need someone to understand? The moon. Maybe that's what God gave me because He knew I wouldn't be too fond of people, yet love them too so I would be continuously let down by humans, and I would need something to guide me to Jesus to guide me to Him. His disciples, the stars. The guide to this earth.   It's like Him in a way, so much felt, so much experienced, yet, so little known and so much to vastness to discover. And only certain people get to visit.. It's always there too, when I'm in the car I follow it and it follows me. Always by my side. There every night. Changes phases just like me. It's always hanging up there, watching over us from above. Guiding the ocean tides like my spastic emotions. The view from this earth is infinitely unending towards the atmospheric beauty. The awe and wonderment of it all is just never-ending, just like my astounding amazement of God. Capturing glimpses of it through the trees as I ride down the highway to my home. My eyes a mere page. Even when the clouds hide I know it's there, it kind of mirrors the doubt I have at times. But in the end, I always know that a mere cloud is just covering the radiating love off of its craters.

Yeah, I mean just look at it, God definitely gave me the moon. Just being able to look out my window even to the vast deep blue night sky and knowing that God is up there somewhere in all of that wonder, it's comforting.
He gives me hope. And it's not empty false hope, it's REAL hope. Intensely real hope that I can physically feel.
Not all those who wonder are lost... Perhaps God created wanderlust in those who need to search for him extra hard.