The Power | Teen Ink

The Power

By Nimisha GOLD, Jaipur, Other
Nimisha GOLD, Jaipur, Other

If you give yourself absolutely to what you are doing, you are a natural devotee.

A hand rests on your shoulder
You wipe your tears to get a clearer view
And turn around to have found someone smiling and staring at you
The dark corner of your heart lightens up to have found him
You hold his hand; sob inexhaustibly
‘I have come here to untie the entangled threads of your heart’
You smile relieved, you found someone to share your problems with
The jaw distances itself, the mind searches for words, the heart fills with emotions, the eyes get blurred
‘The secret storm will evade now, he will definitely find a solution to all the troubles in my life, the pessimist spiral will be no more in place.’
You bow down, the grin widens
Radiantly, you look up.
The reality strikes, you feel a pang, an adrenaline rush
The room again gets empty, you stand there all alone
‘Where are you? Look, I need to talk. This little heart and brain of mine will burst now. I need answers. Come to my rescue.’
Utter silence in the room; loneliness thumps you
You kneel down, take a deep breath, sigh
Suddenly, a gleam showers you
You hear a extramundane voice
‘You are your own hero. Forage for your inner strengths. Build a foundation on your own.’
The alarm set in my phone buzzed
Reluctantly, I opened my eyes, headed towards my phone
My body swayed from horizontal to vertical position
I summoned my conscious, gained my strength
‘Indeed, you are your own hero.’
And I realized the power lies within you.

Not that the world is cruel and would always turn their backs whenever you approach them for help. But, this world will be beautiful only when your perception is beautiful. One needs to work on themselves first. Your determination and self-control must be such that you find solutions to your problems by yourself.

Divorce yourself from the outer world and marry your inner rhythm. Revitalize yourself from within. Connect to the almighty and feel thankful for this abundant life of yours. And once you establish a connection with yourself, the outer world will be no far. To realize the full potential of life, inner-connection is a must. And then you won’t ever find the need to look for someone to share your troubles with. ‘You are your hero.’