What is Happiness? | Teen Ink

What is Happiness?

By aarshi SILVER, Abha, Other
aarshi SILVER, Abha, Other

Remind yourself it's okay not to be perfect.

What is happiness? Isn't that a question almost impossible to answer? Well I guess maybe not for everybody. But knowing what happiness is would make life so much easier. I think some people know, they just know. A few things I have learned in life are no one has everything and perfection simply doesn't exist in this world. But some of us still find our own little world in this messed up chaos. Happiness and being happy are two different things. Being happy is a temporary feeling but happiness is something that just stays with you. I'll bet that everyone has a different definition of happiness and some people don't have a definition at all and for some people the definition changes with time. But to me happiness is finding contentment with who you are,the satisfaction of being yourself and loving yourself and not caring about what other people think. At least that is happiness to me for now. I am not there yet but I hope someday I will be. Right now I'm just trying to figure myself out and I know it's a long way down that road. But I hope that someday I'll be able to say to myself, "This is it, I finally found happiness."