I'm Not Going to Quote the Bible | Teen Ink

I'm Not Going to Quote the Bible

June 30, 2014
By SadieHP SILVER, South Windsor, Connecticut
SadieHP SILVER, South Windsor, Connecticut
7 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I have never written a word worth saving, so what I give you isn't magic or the benefit of my thinking but my belief in the blankness of our futures. Charms only go so far. Whether you write your own story in it or not is your own affair."


I’m not going to quote the bible.
I’ve seen people quote the bible when they’re referring to homosexuality. But honestly, the bible’s a pretty big book. Anything you take you’re taking out of context. And once the bible is read, is heard, is spoken, it’s left up to interpretation. But this is what my interpretation of my faith tells me. Despite how complicated people try to make it, I don’t think its rocket science.
Jesus loved us so much he died to save us. He died to save us from every wrong thing we’ve ever done, from every lie we’ve ever told, every person we’ve ever hurt, every crime we’ve ever committed. He died to save us from our sins. Then he told us to love each other.
Loving someone isn’t a sin. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that it is. If you love someone, that’s beautiful. That’s magical. If this was an eighties movie, I’d be under your window right now with a boom box cheering you on. It doesn’t matter what gender they are. It doesn’t matter what they’ve done. It doesn’t matter. Jesus told us to love. There isn’t Ten Commandments, in my opinion, there’s one. That’s to love. Because when you love, you’re showing respect, you’re showing mercy, you’re showing God even if you don’t believe he’s there. That could never be wrong.
My name’s Sadie. I don’t care what your sexuality is, I don’t care what you’ve done in your past, and I don’t care if there are skeletons in your closet. If you love someone, I have respect for you. It doesn’t matter if you’re the same gender. If you want marriage, kids, matching color coded towels (even though that’s kind of corny), I don’t care. Loving isn’t wrong. It never was. Evil came into this world and tried to make it so. They failed.
So please don’t think they’ve won.