Happiness | Teen Ink

Happiness

I noticed that when my first love had broken my heart, my sadness came from my own thoughts. My sadness grew every time I thought about her. I would sit in amazement and ponder the situation and how it could be so. How could the world have treated me this way? And what did I do to deserve this? Out of everyone I could think of that only served life wrong and I was the chosen one to endure this mental pain. But after a while, I learned that there was nothing else to do but to simply let go of what was. After all, I had done everything I could to keep her, but she was too stubborn to see the grand truth. And so I let go for real this time and accepted reality. I saw the beauty behind the clouds and I cleared my mind of the negative things in life. I was good to everyone I saw for I only wanted the same in return. I realized that there is so much in life to love and enjoy. It isn’t worth it to grieve over all that’s wrong, it only brings you down. This life is simply too good to worry about what is wrong with it.

Do not live in the past, there is nothing there for you.