Our Outcome

I would say I come from a traditional family; go to church when you can, pray for your loved ones and yourself, respect your peers, thank God for every second on earth and the good health he’s blessed you with, don’t lie and cheat through life, and no sex before marriage. I’m sure these beliefs are in most family homes and what many of us are raised to follow. You learn these things from the adults in your life, when you’re a child, and passing their beliefs on to you. Being young, these beliefs seem easy to follow and any mistake made by you as a child is easily forgiven by asking the Lord for forgiveness. Most mistakes made by a young child are small lies, nothing to really stress over. My point is that beliefs are much easier to follow as a child when you were innocent and never had a worry. But as a teenager or young adult, all the things you’ve learned start to waver as we mature, meet new people, and of course the ragging hormones. We consider the outcome of breaking what we’ve been taught and how it’ll affect us. Some would say its 2013, things are different everything isn’t done the same way like they use to be. Like when our parents and grandparents are were growing up. Others still may feel they don’t want to do anything wrong, or disappoint their family. No matter what the new generation chooses to do with beliefs, whether to stick to them, change them, or forget them all together. It’s a choice to be made that’ll work for that person. Only that choice can determine a person’s outcome. But like others may do, I personally worry about my outcome. Being Christian and believing very much in God, I also believe in the Devil. Where there’s a God there is a heaven, and where there’s a Devil there is a hell. No I’m not perfect; I try my best to follow my beliefs to the fullest even if I know I could probably do better. I’ve made plenty of mistakes and I’ve asked for forgiveness for them. But I can’t help but to ask myself when I feel I’m failing at it, the question that not only worries me, but scares me too: If I were to die today, at this very moment. Where would I go, what would be my outcome? I know whenever that day comes (hopefully many years away) it’ll be determined, and it’ll be determine for what’s best.

Z.Monika said...
Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:29 am
Sentences like: “You learn these things from the adults in your life, when you’re a child, and passing their beliefs on to you.”
or,
“Being young, these beliefs seem easy to follow and any mistake made by you as a child is easily forgiven by asking the Lord for forgiveness”
They don’t flow very well. I reccomend you rephrase them.
“My point is that beliefs are much easier to follow as a child when you were ... (more »)