Why I am an Atheist | Teen Ink

Why I am an Atheist

I am an Atheist not because :

Its fashion
I think its cool
I am a satanist
I am evil
I hate religion
or any of that sort.

I am an Atheist because the burden of proof rests with the bearer of the proposition.And religion has not been able to prove God's existence through the scientific method. God is insofar only a hypothesis.
I am an Atheist because I would rather spend my life marveling at the awe inspiring beauty of the universe and study it than waste my life in worshiping any deity and being forever at His mercy; begging Him to forgive my 'sins'.
I am an Atheist because Reason is superior to Faith.
I am an Atheist because, unlike religion,it does not bar me from the pleasures of life; from enjoying my life.
I am an Atheist because I value human dignity.
I am an Atheist because I value Progress more than Armageddon.
I am an Atheist because I believe that Women and Men are equal.
I am an Atheist because I do not discriminate against people based on their sexual preferences.
I am an Atheist because I do not condone Sexual violence or Slavery.
I am an Atheist because I value Life more than Death.
I am an Atheist because I have the courage to admit the truth and not hide behind the shadow of faith.
I am an Atheist because I have the courage to say,"I am still looking for an answer" rather than : "God did it."

I am an Atheist because, above all, I am Human.

People ask me why I am an Atheist despite me being especially attracted to religion in my early years.I have studied all the major religions of the world.Behind all their 'glory' they promote one thing and one thing only : That human life is worthless. That it is not worthy of respect.
And they ask me Why I am an Atheist?

Torakage said...
Yes I am :)

on Feb. 9 2013 at 7:00 am
WolfWest13 SILVER, Kalimpong, Other
Thanks.Are you an Atheist Torakage?

on Feb. 2 2013 at 11:33 am
Torakage BRONZE, McAllen, Texas

Those who hate others for being different are disgusting....they don't deserve to be called human!

That was mind blowing! :)