Circle of Grace | Teen Ink

Circle of Grace

December 17, 2012
By emdurv2016 BRONZE, North Scituate, Rhode Island
emdurv2016 BRONZE, North Scituate, Rhode Island
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever stopped to think, “Am I with safe people and in a safe situation” or “Am I protecting my Circle of Grace?” If you haven’t try to think this process through when you're in a tough situation.

Your sins and disrespect towards anyone’s Circle of Grace are not only hurting you, your family and friends, but you’re even disrespecting God. Having respect for yourself is a trait that God gave you. He gave you many great talents, you need to trust him and recognize the value in yourself. God is definitely your best friend and most definitely your number one trusted adult.


It may feel “cool” to allow extra people in your Circle of Grace, but make sure you trust every single one of them. In my Circle of Grace I have allowed my awesome mother and super cool father and the best sister ever, Laura. Teachers can be trusted adults and they can understand our feelings, make you a better person and help you all the time. Friends you can allow in your Circle of Grace as long as they are respectful towards God, you, and themselves. More trusted adults are family relatives, or family friends. Your conscience tells you whether or not a situation is safe or not, and if the person you’re with is safe or not. This is God’s way of telling you whether or not to leave a situation and whether or not t is safe. You shouldn’t allow people who are disrespectful towards Jesus, you, or others. You also shouldn’t allow people with morbid, grumpy attitudes into your Circle of Grace.


A Circle of Grace is a great thing to have, don’t disrespect this skill that God gave you. When you are questioning a situation or person think to yourself, What Would Jesus Do?