that's whats wrong.

I don't believe the earth was created in seven days. I don't believe a man rose from the dead. I don't believe the Red Sea was split or that the Great Flood happened. I don't believe in a higher power.

I believe when that when I die, my body will decompose and I will be recycled by the earth. I respect other religions and other people. If I shouldn't have to swear to god for someone to believe me.

Does that make me a terrible person?

OhMyGoogle said...
Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:28 am:
I agree with you 100%, and just because your views differ than the majority doesn't make you "wrong" or "bad".  It's a shame that people, especially young people are forced by society to feel embarrassed and confused by their faith, or lack thereof.

TaphephobiaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:19 pm:
It's kinda a morbid thought that you expect blackness and nothingness after death.

BlueRain replied...
Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:24 pm :
Before you were born there was blackness and nothingness, as far as you are aware. Think of all the things that happened before you came into existence as you. Are you afraid of the time before you were born?

TaphephobiaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 12, 2012 at 2:26 pm :
No, as a matter of fact its different on my end in that way too. Even when no one knew me, I wasn't a thought and there was supposed "blackness and nothingness" God knew me! He loved me before I was a thought in anyone else's mind <3

BlueRain replied...
Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:57 am :
Well, from the author's perspective, dying would just be like returning to the time before you were born, except now you probably are a thought in someone's mind. You might not be remembered forever, but no one is.

fatimaaa said...
Jul. 8, 2012 at 5:34 pm:

Nah, you actually seem like a lovely person.

-Muslim