Prayers for Skandar | Teen Ink

Prayers for Skandar

By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Dear God,

It's me again. I'm here once again to pray for Skandar Keynes. Many people say that because I (and many others) pray for his salvation, it must mean that we hate him. They don't understand that our prayers are only a result of our love, compassion and care for him. If I did not care for Skandar at all, I wouldn't be writing this. I wouldn't be praying for him every night. I pray for him (and ask others to do the same) only out of a deep love and concern for his eternal salvation.

Skandar is a sinner, God, as we all are. (Rom.3:23) This is the very reason I pray for him. His sin and his disbelief in You keep him from knowing the love of the Creator of the universe. I pray that one day, he will come to know his monumental error and correct it. This is my prayer for every unbeliever.

I also pray that, if Georgie and the other Narnia cast and crew know Jesus as their personal Savior from sin (as many people believe they do), I pray that they are being witness' to Skandar. I pray that he sees the light of Jesus in their everyday life; through their speech, their deeds.

I always like to think that maybe Your whole reasoning for allowing Skandar to portray Edmund was his eternal soul. Maybe, just maybe, You put him there to discover Narnia, to discover Aslan and, ultimately, to discover the real Lion, the Lion of Judah, Jesus Christ.

Skandar is very proud of his heritage (as he has a right to be), but it also seems to be every reason for his non-belief. People often use things like ancestry, age, culture, as excuses for not becoming a Christian. Please don't let Skandar be one of these people; don't let his ancestry be his reason for rejecting You. Because if it is and if he does, he's doomed.

I'll bet you, he doesn't believe in Hell. No, he probably doesn't. How terrifying would it be to live your whole life believing that a place of hell-fire and brimstone and flesh-eating bugs wasn't real, only to die and discover you were wrong? How terrifying is that? God, I don't want Skandar to have to experience that terror. (Nor do I anyone.) Please let him wake up out of this waking dream in which he lives and let him realize the Truth.

Let my prayers, and the many others whom pray for him, make a difference. For those who have been given the opportunity to witness to him directly, whether through face-to-face speech or through the letters of his fans, let them stick in his mind and always be remembered. You have told us in Your Word that Your Word will not return void, nor will a Christian's planting of the seed of Salvation. We may never be given the opportunity to know Skandar's choice. But I pray we will be encouraged to continue praying until we do know, or until our lives on earth end.

Let Skandar discover the God and the Salvation through Jesus Christ which allowed C.S Lewis to create the world in which Skandar has lived for the past decade. Let him discover Aslan's other Name. Let him get to know Him better in this world as he has known Him in Narnia.

Please, dear God.

In the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Skandar Keynes is my favorite actor. I love him very much. Out of that love came this piece.

katyilz said...
i would just like to say that i am praying for slander keynes as well

runner said...
You are very encourageing thank you!

alexandrin said...
alexandrin,
I think it might be the reason why he had to portrayed the character of Edmund Pevensie in Narnia because it was the way for him to see the truth from God.I hope that with the power of all the prayers he will find his way into the kingdom of God.

on Apr. 1 2016 at 11:44 am
Oh, I am troubled, the Lord will not wiat for him forever. Time is running out, and he has not changed his ways. Prayer friends, Prayer.

Noor said...
It's encouraging to see that I'm not the only one who prays for celebrities--they are just people after all; they just happen to be seen by the world on a regular basis for a living.

We have one earth. If you promote pollution at all for economic means. Than you don't understand that our kids will have a big problem. Me being a conservative even understands that drilling has no excuse, especially in Alaska.

runner said...
Sorry guys, I didnt explain this. this is what I would tell him if I had the chance.

runner said...
Narnia is one of my favorite movies which is why l wish to meet them in heaven. I plan to become an evangelist, and go to london and tell william moseley (peter)and skandar.

runner said...
c'mone how about you just leave the us Christians alone and find a site that has your beliefs! I respect that you may have another religion then Christianity but quit picking on us. but one more thing , God Bless You and may you find the lord youself.

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

Or we could just leave him alone in his faith.

runner said...
skander, you are a sinner and you need to repent to the lord!!!! do you understand?

runer said...
skandar, I want to say this gently, you are a sinner,you need god and you can't put IT off,what if you died today?would you go to heaven? or hell please consider my words carefully!!! I want ro see you in heaven when the rapture happens!! Will you consider my words? get a bible and start at genesis. I cant talk to you inperson cause l'm from america, indiana. PLEASE dont follow darwin!!! Are we nothing wore than apes??? consider what l have said. Respond to me as quickly as posible.

runner said...
Oh lord, l pray you will forgive him!!!
He does not know what he is doing wrong
Amen!
I Love him!
Don't forget to pray for William mosley

runner said...
I agree he is an atheist. But I care for his salvation. Does anyone know his address?

in narnia edmund is my favorite! i love Narnia so much. it is awesome! cause i know it is real Jesus is Alan.

I am a christian. Jesus came to the earth to die on a tree to take away the sin of the world. if you ask him to go to heaven when you die you will. he will take all your sin away if you ask him to. from rachel i hope you decide to ask Jesus to come into your life!

rach4life! said...
on May. 13 2014 at 10:06 am
are you a christian?

i really want to tell you more about Jesus  

on May. 12 2014 at 10:47 am
i don't know if you believe in God and Jesus, but they are very real, just like Narnia is to me. God had only one son and sent him from heaven to earth to die on a cross and take all the sin of the world, to take the sin of all people you and me. do you know in Narnia, when Aslan dies because of Edmund had followed the queen Jaduas. that is an example of what Jesus did for us, so now when we die, we can go to Heaven and have eternal life only through Jesus. if you want to know more about any thing ask me. when you die if you have asked Jesus to come into your life and take you to heaven when you die you will have eternal life.

on May. 12 2014 at 9:31 am
i do not have a religion i have a relationship with Jesus christ. i am a christian. please ask me more about Jesus.