Religion

Religion is an illusion conformed to a concept, claiming the morals of life. It’s a belief, a perspective of purpose. Misunderstood and misconstrued by a society that knows nothing more than what is told, religion is exploited by the propaganda of politics sullying a beautiful notion towards Happiness; a concept whose only proof is speculation; a vise that holds a traditional theory within each people; an over exaggerated faith in something greater. Within a religion there resides a theory of morals ultimately resorting in the ideal individual. All religions base themselves on this common Nirvana. Every religion build off the universal passion of treating everyone with good morale as defined by the individual. Why is there such a void between religions if there are only small differences causing big disturbances?

Over time I have evolved. I have questioned and learned, stumbled and fallen, grasped opportunities and never let them free. I accepted what I had in my head and swallowed my “why”s with a grainy representation of my Christian-born faith. As a child I was raised a Catholic-Christian and a proudly religious one at that. Proudly religious of what, however, I could not say. I always trusted what I was told about Jesus Christ and the Saints and my God without proof. Never once did I challenge the Bible or the priest, but I did not believe them either. The Bible reality and the real world were always separate realms, constantly in gravitational pull and in perfect sync with one another, but never making atmospheric contact.

If someone believes in a religion in full, born and raised a truly religious man, preacher to the population, but no practice takes place within his life to better the world as his religion suggests, is he truly a member of his religion or kindly, religiously polite?
The Almighty, the Great One, and the Power of Life. Well where is He now, in Iraq, in the midst of religious incongruency where suicide is a respectable gesture in the name of sacrifice, jeopardizing the precious lives of a liberal territory from half way around the world? Within a faith lie a million rules of mortality and morality which both derive from a solid base of goodness and lose the meaning of faith in an intricate system of perspectives. Which side does He endorse? Whose cause is legitimate? When will He come/ come again?

I feel as though I deceive Him as I type my thoughts, and I wonder if I will be lost later on in life, of if I am lost now. I dream of Him as I wander through heavenly dreams So within myself I attempt to fill the voids and justify the difference in order to build bridges of understanding over rivers of the technicalities which ensue between us. Still, I do not feel intellectually fulfilled. Where does my religious stance hold true? Hindered by temptation, I innocently nibble at the apple of curiosity while cautiously meandering through orchards of maturity and possibility. I hold the hand of adulthood as we brave the sunset of faith in my future.

packerbacker12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
faith is beliveing not seeing. and brianna from the comment below me i'm so sorry for you that you are religion free because Yahweh loves you and you should respect that. and by the way evolution is a religion too.

Brianna♥ said...
May 12, 2012 at 10:47 am
I'm not trying to offend anyone in what I'm commenting here. I was raised in a Christian household, but am now religion-free. I feel like religion gives people this right to believe anything without common sense. I am not a stubborn person, just a middle-school girl looking for the truth.

Dragonscribe said...
I appreciate that you are getting these thoughts written out; that's good. But this also makes me sad, because you seem to be falling away from the church. I understand your desire for "proof" but sometimes, there is no real proof. Sometimes believing is better than seeing, and you just have to have faith. I myself have trouble with that, so don't feel bad. The world can't always be explained by logic - some things are just too great, and too wonderful for that.

Camplover7 said...
This is an interesting article, but it makes me confused in a way. Do you not believe in Jesus anymore, or are you wanting to know he's real but you just can't feel him in your life?<br /> And for your question of when Jesus will return... well in the Bible it doesn't tell us when, it just says soon. So in other words, be ready for when that day may come. You have probably heard this saying before "live each day as your last". Well there is a lot of meaning behind that. We don't know w... (more »)

eviegirl4000 said...
I don't mean to be in ANY way offensive at all, but out of pure curiosity, aren't you interested in what the truth REALLY is? I know you may choose a way . . . but what is the truth? Really?

Chrissy_L said...
Great article, I know what you mean. I've been through this too, utterly convinced that God existed and utterly convinced that it was all fake. I've now made up my mind though, I am an Athiest. I still go to church with my family, but I am happy with my choice.
It sounds like you could go either way, which way is entirely up to you. They both have their strengths to the spirit. The only squabble I have with religion is the fact that people will hate and kill each other over thei... (more »)

Dragonscribe replied...
I'm sorry you are an Atheist, because that means you are not feeling the gigantic amount of love God is sending your way. Please listen to what you hear in church, and perhaps reconsider. I do not mean to be harsh or rude, but God isn't fake - He made you just so He could love you and save you, after all.

andromeda13 replied...
people don't choose to be an athiest, i've tryed too pray and go to church but honestly i just feel stupid doing it. 

HalUser replied...
Can you demonstrate proof that God is not fake? And which God? If you say Faith is required then you've already lost the argument. Even the Bible says that faith is nothing more than hope. 

arrowed_rain said...
You have seemed to found a fork in your road.
Just keep walking.