The Difference That's The Same | Teen Ink

The Difference That's The Same

By The_Squirrel GOLD, Port Alberni, Other
The_Squirrel GOLD, Port Alberni, Other

I will because I can, I can because I want to, I want to becasue you said I couldn't.

When most people see me reading a bible they exclaim "You're religious?!" I always say yes and they ask what I am. I look at them strait in the eye and say "I am what I was born to be, I will do what God, Buddha or Zeus tells me and until then, I will read the way of the Lord, who ever that is." They look at me with disapprovinf eyes and walk away. Think about it for a moment. Almost every religion has one basic rule, do not steal. Do not murder, or steal ones life. Do not commit adultery, or steal ones spouse. Do not worship any other God, do not steal my faith. Think again. It all makes sense doesn't it? Every religion, well most anyways, tells you what you wwant to hear and it makes all the difference but, weirdly enough, everbody wants to hear the same thing. That you are loved, that death isn't the end, that people will pay for the crimes they've commited, that we're all one and that there is hope.And to me THAT is the difference that's the same.

My mother's Cristian my step-dad Catholic, my grandma is an Athiest and my other grandma is a pure something or other. Get over it.

on Sep. 3 2010 at 11:23 am
Phantom_Girl GOLD, Ft. Carson, Colorado

"If it comes out of the lion's mouth...it will be on the test."
-Mr. Bala

I agree completely! Sure, religions are different on the surface, and everyone needs to find their own, but at the core, are they really so different? Why fight over what to call god and how to worship him/her/them when they all tell you the same thing-be a good person.

on Aug. 13 2010 at 4:39 pm
VandalSpirit DIAMOND, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of Gods great love, we are not consumed. His compassion never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

I know barely anything about any religion except christianity. What I do know that is different about christianity is that my god sacrificed his ONLY son just to save us. Jesus could have said no. His death was THE MOST PAINFUL death on earth. And Jesus knew it. But he loved us so much that he accepted his punishment and told God to forgive the people making fun of him. For me any religion pales in comparison.

In the catholic religion I know they praise Mary, which, is she the one that gave her life? I know it's Jesus' mom but that doesn't mean you pray to her. The ONLY way to the Father is through his Son Jesus Christ. I do not mean to offend anyone or make anyone mad but this made me upset.

on Aug. 11 2010 at 4:59 pm
Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

'Amen' to this article; I agree. I wrote an article with a similar motive of meaning.