The Difference That's The Same | Teen Ink

The Difference That's The Same

August 4, 2010
By The_Squirrel GOLD, Port Alberni, Other
The_Squirrel GOLD, Port Alberni, Other
15 articles 0 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
I will because I can, I can because I want to, I want to becasue you said I couldn't.


When most people see me reading a bible they exclaim "You're religious?!" I always say yes and they ask what I am. I look at them strait in the eye and say "I am what I was born to be, I will do what God, Buddha or Zeus tells me and until then, I will read the way of the Lord, who ever that is." They look at me with disapprovinf eyes and walk away. Think about it for a moment. Almost every religion has one basic rule, do not steal. Do not murder, or steal ones life. Do not commit adultery, or steal ones spouse. Do not worship any other God, do not steal my faith. Think again. It all makes sense doesn't it? Every religion, well most anyways, tells you what you wwant to hear and it makes all the difference but, weirdly enough, everbody wants to hear the same thing. That you are loved, that death isn't the end, that people will pay for the crimes they've commited, that we're all one and that there is hope.And to me THAT is the difference that's the same.


The author's comments:
My mother's Cristian my step-dad Catholic, my grandma is an Athiest and my other grandma is a pure something or other. Get over it.