Artificial Christian?

Christianity isn’t progressing the way Jesus called it to. Why? He wants Christians who “want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead (Philippians 3:10-11).” He wants us to not only know His love for us, but love Him back! Today’s Christians go to church. They bring friends to Sunday school. They read their Bible. They do not, however, apply what they learn and read to their life. They go home from church and give in to the sins that they had just learned how to fight. They pray, but do not listen for God’s answers. Their schedules may be devoted to Christ, but their heart’s aren’t. If Christianity was progressing the way Jesus called it to, we would all be JESUS LOVERS! We wouldn’t be allies of Jesus; we would be WARRIORS FOR JESUS! Are you an artificial Christian, or are you a Jesus devotee?

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree for the most part with this, but no one is an artificial Christian. We are all just at different stages of our own spiritual journey.

I agree in part. It doesn't mean much to go to church and such unless you have faith and follow Jesus's teachings. However, I doubt there are any 'artificial' Christians. We are all just at different places in our own spiritual journey.

This is a well written article, and there is a lot of truth to it. I agree wholeheartedly that it is not enough for a Christian to proclaim himself a Christian and go to church. He must devote his heart and life to God and Jesus.

However, I disagree with the title. Nobody is an 'artificial' Christian. The people who you refer to are not artificial but are simply closer to the beginning of their spiritual journey. They just embrace Christianity in a different way. But thanks for writing... (more »)

Jesus_Freak said...
I think my username answers ur last question.