Artificial Christian? | Teen Ink

Artificial Christian?

By BrittanyP:) BRONZE, Mobile, Alabama
BrittanyP:) BRONZE, Mobile, Alabama

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Tim. 4:12

Christianity isn’t progressing the way Jesus called it to. Why? He wants Christians who “want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead (Philippians 3:10-11).” He wants us to not only know His love for us, but love Him back! Today’s Christians go to church. They bring friends to Sunday school. They read their Bible. They do not, however, apply what they learn and read to their life. They go home from church and give in to the sins that they had just learned how to fight. They pray, but do not listen for God’s answers. Their schedules may be devoted to Christ, but their heart’s aren’t. If Christianity was progressing the way Jesus called it to, we would all be JESUS LOVERS! We wouldn’t be allies of Jesus; we would be WARRIORS FOR JESUS! Are you an artificial Christian, or are you a Jesus devotee?

After reading this article, I hope people will change from an artificial Christian to a Jesus lover.

on Jul. 29 2010 at 2:50 pm
Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

I agree for the most part with this, but no one is an artificial Christian. We are all just at different stages of our own spiritual journey.

on Jul. 24 2010 at 7:08 pm

~Kahlil Gibran

I agree in part. It doesn't mean much to go to church and such unless you have faith and follow Jesus's teachings. However, I doubt there are any 'artificial' Christians. We are all just at different places in our own spiritual journey.

on Jul. 19 2010 at 3:29 pm

~Kahlil Gibran

This is a well written article, and there is a lot of truth to it. I agree wholeheartedly that it is not enough for a Christian to proclaim himself a Christian and go to church. He must devote his heart and life to God and Jesus.

However, I disagree with the title. Nobody is an 'artificial' Christian. The people who you refer to are not artificial but are simply closer to the beginning of their spiritual journey. They just embrace Christianity in a different way. But thanks for writing this!

ssssss BRONZE said...
on Jul. 17 2010 at 4:23 pm
ssssss BRONZE, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

If you love something, let it go, if it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was.

I think my username answers ur last question.