The Big Bang | Teen Ink

The Big Bang

By cthespy BRONZE, Hearne, Texas
cthespy BRONZE, Hearne, Texas

"Thats how it is" Walter Cronkite

If the big bang was real how did it start? They say it was some explosion out of nothing. If there was and explosion, then wouldn't there be something that caused it? Thats where evolution does not make sense! If things evolved then how come it doesn't still happen? If monkeys used to walk right after they were born, how come baby's don't? My point is, is that if you ask a evolutionist where things began, he would say that some particles formed and started life.
Well where did those particles come from? They would tell you a different answer of some other form of matter. Well where the heck did that matter come from!!! If things evolved, how would it make the stars perfectly in order, or the body, the brain is so complicated. How could it make flesh, and grass? Let alone the sun. The sun is exactly in the right place. If moved even a mile back or forward we would all die. So how could evolution, (which, if it was true it would form perfectly by chance) make the sun in the perfect spot? Only a intelligent designer could have made all this! Thank you for reading this post!

toxic.monkey SILVER, Tashkent, Other

"Homo homini lupus"

I find it amusing that you try to tell me what I ought to believe.  i'll just clarify what i believe. if someone has created everything, they created it and left it alone. i also think that it's equally possible that no one created anything and everything happened of its own random accord. we either die and are lost forever or we go on to another life until we reach a state of perfect peacefulness and balance in our lifetime. i don't think that this makes me a bad person. I don't murder, cheat, rape. i try my best to be a good person. does not believing in a god as you believe in him make me a horrible person?

Midnight_Hum SILVER, Hearne, Texas

You have to put your faith in something, even if you don't believe in God.

You see, there are two people groups.  Those who believe in a God and those who don't.  (Those who aren't sure what they believe, generally fall into one of the two categories).

So if you are a theist, then you have faith in your god(s) and in the promise of eternal paradise or purgatory or whatever.

If you believe that there is no god(s), then you have faith that you are right.  You have faith in the matter and energy that you believe is eternal.  Do you know that the sun will rise tomorrow?  You have faith in knowing that the sun will rise and set, and that the cycles of the moon will change.

It also amuses me that you see a distinction between God and science.

I don't.

If a God created all things, then surely he created the laws and limitations that bind the universe together.  He would have created the concept of time.  He would have created the color spectrum and the laws of gravity.  He would have to be the greatest scientist of all!

What I find funny is that you (and not just you, lot's of people) try to use science to somehow disprove God, when he is the one who created it!

That would be like telling Boeing that their airplanes can't possibly fly because they are heavier than air.

There is no distinction between science and God.

And while, yes, no one (human) was there in the beginning to see how it happened, I find that a God specifically and sufficiently explains:

1. Why we are here.

2. How we got here.

3. And what our purpose is.

Three things that your version of science cannot.

toxic.monkey SILVER, Tashkent, Other

"Homo homini lupus"

oops i meant to say "i keep my spiritual and scientific beliefs apart"

that wouldn't make much sense otherwise:P

toxic.monkey SILVER, Tashkent, Other

"Homo homini lupus"

yeah you could say I believe in something eternal and something powerful, but I don't put all my faith into that being or nonbeing. i have no specific religion, i believe in what seems right to me. i choose to believe the explanations provided by science when it comes to matters like how humans became who we are, how the earth works, what is stuff made of and a whole lot of other questions. i keep my spiritual and religious beliefs apart.

it's impossible to prove or disprove both creationism and the big bang because we cannot go back and observe how it happened. i don't deny that a superior being may have created everything, but i'm inclined to believing science because it has satisfactorily answered a lot of my questions about the material world. it's my choice, and if your choice is to believe in creationism i don't think i can change your mind.

Midnight_Hum SILVER, Hearne, Texas

I see that you believe in a God.

No?

What is God?

An eternal being who created everything, right?

I believe in a God.  Someone who was always there, will always be there, and who (from him) everything was created.

You believe in a god.

You believe in either matter or quarks or energy or something that has always been there.  Will always be there.  And from it, everything was created.  Without it life isn't possible.

That, is your God.

You see? We both believe in an eternal being!

So you see, what I am saying, and what I think the author is saying, is that creationism is just as likely or even more so, than a random big bang.

I also would like for you to tell me how creationism is hard to prove.  I would be interested in hearing your arguement.

toxic.monkey SILVER, Tashkent, Other

"Homo homini lupus"

I apologize ahead of time for opposing what you write.

First off, the big bang theory and the evolution theory are not the same thing. The big bang is about how everything started, evolution is how all creatures change with time. Evolution is about random mutations that may happen in some animals and that happen to be beneficial for the animal in their surroundings which get passed on to their offspring, who are also successful because of the trait and pass on the trait. Humans evolved from APES not MONKEYS.

In my view our whole existance is a big lucky chance- the jack pot. It's like winning at bingo. A random number is drawn, you happen to match to it, a random number is drawn, you match, a random number is drawn, you match and on and on and on. I agree that the big bang theory is very hard to prove or disprove, as is creationism. The world may as well have been created by a God or Gods as it may have been made after a series of lucky particle collisions.

M.W.M. BRONZE said...
on Jul. 11 2010 at 10:27 am
M.W.M. BRONZE, Undisclosed, New Jersey

"Test everything. Hold on to the good." -Paul of Tarsus (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

well, evolution is bascially an accepted concensus within the scientific community. so don't argue against it.

the big bang is also a well established and accepted theory.

Most scientists view the Big Bang as the beginning point of view the universe, where space, time and matter had their origin. This indeed does point to a timeless and metaphysical "First Cause".

Just be careful not to argue against established science. The established theories of science work very well for Christian theism, and arguing against them I feel only weakens our case.

fictionlover10 SILVER, Scottsdale, Arizona
Amazing! This is exactly how I've felt when people argue about evolution vs. creation. Yeah the Big Bang formed all matter but it needed a spark from matter in the first place, and who else could put it there but God? Great job!

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

I admire your faith, but I think that evolution just seemed illogical because you made it seem that way. Look further into the theories. Remember, God and science can coexist. I'm a Christian who believes in evolution. Don't rule out these things because of your religion.

on Jul. 7 2010 at 10:18 am

~Kahlil Gibran

I admire your faith in what you believe in. However, I think that evolution only seemed illogical in this article because you made it sound that way. Don't rule out the possibility of evolution and the big bang because you're a Christian. I'm a Christian who knows that God and science can coexist. I suggest you read further into evolution and big bang theories.

~Kahlil Gibran

I admire your devotion to what you believe in. Faith is extremely important to a Christian..

However, I think the only reason that evolution sounded illogical in your article is because you made it seem that way.

I suggest you read deeper into evolution and big bang theories. Don't rule them out because you believe in God. I am a Christian and I believe in evolution. God and science can coexist.

~Kahlil Gibran

I admire your devotion to what you believe in. Faith is extremely important for a Christian, and you made it clear that you possess that quality.

However, I think that the only reason that the idea of evolution sounded illogical in your article is because you made it sound that way. I am a faithful Christian also, but I believe in evolution.

I suggest you read further into evolution and big bang theories. Don't rule them out because you believe in God. God and science can coexist.