The Solution to Mankind's Financial and Economic Problems | Teen Ink

The Solution to Mankind's Financial and Economic Problems

By SunnieGirl SILVER, Forks, Washington
SunnieGirl SILVER, Forks, Washington

"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice instead. Then sit back and let the world wonder how you do it."
"Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away, AND have their shoes!"
"I admore you"...

When considering an issue many people immediately begin thinking about how they can solve the problem. But many times these people are not really clear about what the problem is. Today we hear a lot about the economic situation, and the financial problems of the government, and people blame these problems on the rulers and those who are directing the governments. They have yet to see the real Issue that lies behind all of the problems of mankind. What is this Issue?
The Real Issue
Mankind’s problems began more than six-thousand years ago in a garden like place, in Eden. The first man and woman were named Adam and Eve. Their creator gave them perfect bodies, and perfect everlasting life, in beautiful surroundings. But there was one person who just wasn’t satisfied with the setup. That was an Angel. He began to crave the worship that Jehovah, his creator was receiving. Because of this craving he led the entire human race in to rebellion and sin. (Genesis 3:1-5)
In effect, this angel was saying that God did NOT deserve to be worshipped, and that he could do a better job of ruling mankind. Jehovah COULD have destroyed that Angel, who was given the title “Satan”. But what would that have proven. What would the other angelic creatures have thought of their creator Jehovah? It is possible that they may have wondered whether their angelic brother was correct in challenging God’s rule. They may have thought that Jehovah was afraid to be proven wrong.

Instead of destroying this rebellious angel, Jehovah god has given him time to try and prove that he can rule the world. John 14:30 says “We know that we originate with God, But the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one. “ Another scripture that shows the authority that Satan the Devil had over the world is in Mathew chapter 4. Here is an account where Satan is offering to give Satan all of the kingdoms of the world in exchange for an act of worship. If he did not have control over them, could he offer them to Jesus? No. Satan the Devil is in control of our governments and all of the major systems of our day. No wonder the world is in the mess that it is today!
The Efforts of Man
Can’t man make some kind of a difference in the plight of the world? There are two fundamental reasons why man has not been able to solve even a small percentage of mankind’s problems. The first is expressed in the Bible book of Jeremiah. In Chapter 10, Verse 23 is says “I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his own step.” The fact is that humans were not created to lead themselves. They were created to look up to a higher power, Jehovah. Men do not know how to rule themselves in every aspect of their lives, and will never be able rule in a way that will not bring some sort of problem.

The second reason is that even those who have the right motivation and ideals do not have the power to solve the problems that plague mankind. Any kind of small advances that a ruler may make is not going to last very long. Soon that ruler will leave office, and a new ruler will take their place, with different ideals or motives.
Are We Doomed?
So what then, will be done about the problems that face mankind? Will they continue to get worse and worse with no hope of ever being solved? The answer, once again, is no. Earlier we talked about how Satan the Devil is being given the chance to prove that he is a better ruler than his creator Jehovah. We can see throughout mankind’s history what a horrible job that he has done. Wars, Famine, pestilence, Death, Poverty, and greed still are rampant in the world. Under Satan’s rule, the world has gotten worse…not better. But there is hope! Soon Satan’s opportunity to prove himself will be over, and he will be done away with. The earthly governments ruled by him will be removed and an everlasting kingdom ruled by Christ Jesus will take over. (Daniel 2:44) Under this rule there will be no death, suffering or pain. (Rev 21:3,4) There will be no sickness, (Isaiah 33:24) and men will be well provided for. (Isaiah 65:21-25) This is the only sure hope for mankind. Those people who take the time to learn the truth about Jehovah and about his son will have the opportunity to live during this time. (John 17:3)
Will YOU be there?

It seems like so many people today are worried about the economy and having a secure future for themselves. But there is a Solution...and hope...for those who want to take advantage of it.

AliB said...

I think you did a great job writing this Sunnie. The only thing I'd like to mention is that in the third paragraph you made an error that might be a bit confusing. You said that Satan offered himself all the kingdoms in exchange for an act of worship, instead of saying that Satan offered Jesus all the kingdoms in exchange for an act of worship. I just thought I'd clear that up for you, and for any other readers. 

-Alisha