Mormon | Teen Ink

Mormon

By contrygurl BRONZE, Sanbernardino, California
contrygurl BRONZE, Sanbernardino, California

to love and to be loved is lifes greatest joy

i have been hearing a lot of bad things about my religion. Just because im mormon doesnt mean im not human. it just means i have a diffrent view on religous matters. also fyi we dont drink,smoke,or do anything like that because we choose not to not because we have to.

on Apr. 4 2010 at 6:53 pm

Wow thanks! I totally know that feeling! Wow ur so lucky to live in Utah! Well thanks again!

hisarienette said...
on Mar. 16 2010 at 8:25 pm
I agree with you. I am Mormon, and I am open to other religions, so I wish that people could be open with mine. Though I live in Utah, there are a lot of mormons who don't do what the religion says, and then there are non-mormons who have all our same values. So i really don't think religion matters, but rather the way you live your life. I think people shouldn't judge us by the negative labels we've been given. We all have our own beliefs, and we should all respect each others.

brie13 GOLD said...
on Mar. 9 2010 at 10:58 pm
brie13 GOLD, Sparks, Nevada

What is the meaning of life? -- To live ( Mr.Swigart- Bio Teacher)

Don't think I'm judging you or discriminationg you in any way but I do not agree with your mormon religion. I a chrisian and just like you i dont drink smoke curse or anything becaus I love Jesus and I liv him and don't want to disapoint him. But the thought that we, imperfecet humans who sin, can become a God is not right. God is hte only perfecet human/thing. NO HUMAN ON THIS EARTH CAN BE PERFET WE ALL SIN> Romans 3:23 says for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of god. I know Mormons belive in the bible too . The book of Mormon and the bible do not coincide with eachother.

on Jan. 29 2010 at 5:23 pm

thank u!!!! and i will keep on writing

on Jan. 27 2010 at 6:21 pm
EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."

I understand this completely, ik it can be very hard, but you just gotta keep ur head held high. Keep on dreamin!!!! (and writing)

lol

on Jan. 13 2010 at 6:17 pm

Thank you!!! Well i have a lot of friends who r mormon and we want to follow that! thank u again!!

speechless<3 said...
on Jan. 12 2010 at 4:53 pm
Amen to this. I'm not Mormon but I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. Before I moved here from LA, I heard a lot of bad things about the mormon culture, and few turned out to amount to anything. Now, some of my best friends are Mormons.