I know where Hell is.

I am a Catholic, though not a practicing one.
Something occurred to me today that found me in a state of bother.
Heaven in my eyes exists.
Hell exists also.
Although, Heaven is a place where I have never been or seen before. We depict it to be joyous and beautiful and a place full of no pain or suffering, just true splendor.
So, automatically you would think that I would believe as part of my religion that Hell is a deep hole in the ground where Satan lives. It is a place full of fire and darkness. And anybody who has ever sinned in their lifetime or who does not believe in the Lord or Jesus will go to Hell when they die.

YOU ARE WRONG!

In my opinion, Hell is right in front of us. We are in Hell.
Planet Earth is Hell.
If Earth wasn’t Hell why would there be illness, why would there be sadness, why would there be robbery, why would there be rape, why would there be murder?
Many more awful things and people exist in our world, and I think there are some people in this world that make our society Hell for others.

For some, they live in Hell all the time. Think about drug addicts, homeless people, people who live in constant poverty who don’t even know when their next meal will come, do you not think that that is Hell?
You may have a different opinion, but this is just how I see our world.
Each one of us has evil inside of us; it is just unfortunately human nature. It cannot be stopped or prevented in anyway.
So when I say: “I know where Hell is”; you’re looking at it, you are breathing it in, you are eating it, you are smelling it, you are touching it, you are living in it.

We are evil and welcome to Hell.

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 18 at 7:54 pm:
You do have talent and greatness in you; I hope you know that. But I don't agree with your article.    I don't think we're evil. I think we're just lost, afraid, and hurt. Our world is filled with all that, I admit. I agree with that, but I'm sorry if this is rude or anything, but this is just what I truly believe. I think the only things I agree in your article, is yes. There is robbery, rape, sadness, murder, illness, etc. Yes, I admit that.    I... (more »)

Sep. 18 at 2:39 pm:
This is really interesting. True, part of hell does seem to be here a lot, on our world. Sadness, pain, crime, lust, etc. Our world is filled with these things, yes. But I see our world is just hurting and afraid, lost like a little child who doesn't know what to do. If we just peel back the skin of this world, our world; we will find His Kingdom.    Yes, true. Some of us can be evil; we can sometimes suck and be stupid and be mosters, sometimes; ever since we fell, sin has bee... (more »)

LucyInTheSky This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:47 am:
George Carlin as Jesus did an interview, and said on limbo, "i don't know. no one's allowed in there. if anyone was in there, then it wouldn't be limbo. then it would be a place.

BlueRain said...
Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:37 am:

I don't believe in either place. At best I'd say Earth is a mix of the two, or a "middle ground" between what we see as perfection and what we view as "evil." Life is a mixture of both perfect moments and moments where we'd like nothing better than to 'switch ourselves off' for a while.

Hell, to me, is a place man imagined which encompasses all the negatives of life on earth- fire, torture by something you can't overcome, and that it lasts a long time. Heaven is the opposite. Instead, ... (more »)

LeRoiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm not religious in any respect, but I think life on earth is just too good to be a place for eternal d4mnation.

Genya This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

If this is Hell, then who controls it? >:)

I don't know, Earth seems a bit too good to be Hell. You can't ignore the humanity that has occured. And it seems rather cruel to assume that everyone living here is being punished for something. What is it anyway?

Emmy88 said...
Dolphin13, whose comment are you agreeing with

dolphin13 said...
Earth isn't hell. The reason that there is robbery, rape, murder, etc. is because of sin. Hell will be much worse. Hell is the place of weaping and gnashing and teeth. There will not be a single trace of good in hell. Here on earth there still is some good. Earth is not hell.

Emmy88 said...

Is god a fact?

D. replied...
Aug. 23, 2011 at 8:05 pm :
No, He's a being that has been here since....forever before and forever after and forever present. Facts are statements confirmed by man. God can't be contained by man's standards, words, or thoughts.

dolphin13 replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:26 pm :

so true

A_Fate_UnknownThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 9:22 pm :
Show me proof that "god" has always been.

contemplatorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:00 am :
I guess there is a difference between proof and accepting proof. The proof is all around you. All you have to do is accept it.

rockyraccoon said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 4:36 am:
if this is hell why am i happy. Also if earth is anything its limbo a balbn between the plesant and unplesant. you got your dahmers and you got your doctors.

Claire G. said...
Wow! This is extremely thought provoking!

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution said...
Oct. 17, 2010 at 8:36 am:
I completely agree, thanks for putting this up

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Interesting perspective

matt7 said...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 1:03 am:
"Each one of us has evil inside of us; it is just unfortunately human nature" - glad you stated that, it is clear by looking at the world around us that humanity is totaly depraved. However, through Grace alone there can be love and righteous acts that doesnt seem to fit in a place called hell.

Jwill said...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 11:18 am:
I am an agnostic, which means that i dont deny the existence of god, and i dont believe in him either. If there was a heaven and there was a hell, i think that your perspective on the topic is a very good one. Well done.

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 13, 2010 at 4:57 pm:
While it is true that Earth is like hell , it is also like heaven in some aspects. However, I see what you're saying and your article's written really well. It captures people's attention, even if they disagree with you.