Why The World Can&#39t Live Without God

It’s strange that the topic called God is frowned upon. That the people who believe in Him are scared to speak of Him in public, and to their friends. That we hear about all the people who wish to get the “under God” taken out of the pledge, about news stories that are written about how abortion, murder, suicide, and sexual promiscuity rise even when the belief of God is present. Yet in all reality, Jesus/God is the most well known person in the entire world. It doesn’t matter where you go, when you bring up His name, people’s ears perk up, their hearts open, and they begin to recognize how He is present in their everyday lives.

He’s a fascinating subject and He’s even better once you really get to see why people love Him so much. You begin to see that He’s the person that you’ve always dreamed of becoming. That He’s the person that you’ve always wanted to marry. That He’s the hero the world needs, and that nothing else could have made this world other than God. That the world is so incredibly perfect, that in order to create it in a blink of an eye, would be ridiculous. That if even one little tiny fraction went wrong the entire world wouldn’t have ever come into existence. That miracles happen everyday and aren’t coincidences. One amazing miracle that we all know and possibly see everyday is childbirth. It’s the world’s ordinary miracle. Another example of a miracle is how the principle at Columbine was able to pick one key, out of a hundred and open a door, so he could get himself and two other students out of the building right before the gunman came around the corner. He later tried it many times over again and was never able to successfully do it again. So you tell me, was that a higher being watching over them or just a coincidence?

People often skew the way they look at God. They think that just because they are buddies with Him, that they’ll get everything they want. That if they pray for something, it’ll be there the next day. They believe that God is on their side all the time so they will always win. But they’re wrong. They don’t decide if God is on their side… He does. That’s what scares people the most about him. “I mean how is the world supposed to understand one who rejected the offer of power and control?" (Joan B. Campbell) That’s what humans strive for… power and control. How are we supposed to understand someone who takes the underdogs of the world and makes them into kings, who chooses the foolish of the world to shame the wise, and the weak to shame the strong? How are we supposed to understand someone who we know nothing about? How are we supposed to understand someone who is always consistent, yet unpredictable? You always know where you are with Him, but you very rarely know what He is going to do next. You can never find security in what He is doing, but you can find security in who He is. He’s the one thing in this world that we cannot control, and as humans that drives us crazy, because what we don’t understand, we fear, and what we fear, we try to kill. That’s why people die all over the world for Him. People get persecuted, put to death, put into camps, sent out of the country, and have to hide in fear that their governments with kill them for believing in God. So they meet in secret to worship Him. Now, can you tell me one other thing that scares the entire world that much?

The funny thing is, it doesn’t matter if you believe in Him or not, because even the faithless come to Him when they are down. They pray to Him when they need something. They find him during war so they can be protected, and so they can find comfort in dieing, because they know that they are going to be going to another place… one that’s better then this place here. He’s the one that’s there when people fall into depression. He’s the one that pulls them out of it. They come to him beaten and broken, and He takes them in with open arms and a loving heart. He’s the only person who doesn’t judge us for what we have done, but instead forgives us again and again. He’s the only one who is always around, the only person that you can talk to wherever you are.

The last thing that I find interesting about God is the people who believe in Him and how they act because of it. They think about others before they think of themselves. They give God the credit. They sacrifice themselves so that others may live. They care enough to make your problems their own. They are the random people who change your day. They are there when no one else is. They believe in you when no one else does. No wonder these people get rejected, they promote goodwill in the world. They promote change. They promote a higher calling; they believe that the underdog can win.

So if you think that the world is bad now… just imagine what it would be like without God in it. There would be no hope, and no good. The ones that we all rely on would be killed. The world would fall apart. We wouldn’t have a scapegoat to blame all our problems on. We wouldn’t have a superior being to lean on, to use as support. We wouldn’t have anything to live for. We wouldn’t go anywhere when we died, because there’d be no Heaven and no Hell. When you are lying on your deathbed, wouldn’t you like to know that someone is lying there next to you, holding your hand, saying “Come with me, it’s time to go”.

JesusandHisLawyersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26 at 7:24 pm
Well, you definitely got the biased part down . . . 

infinity12 said...
YICK! I apologize for typos. I'm on my iPhone and sometimes autocorrect can be a pain.

infinity12 said...
I really loved this! A lot of people don't believe in God because they can't see him or don't know if he's there. Believing in God requires faith. As humans, we always only believe something if we see it. I understand it, but I think there's so much reward when you put your trust in someone who will never let you down. Our knowledge, what we think we know, is tiny compared to God. He created everything and knows everything. He created us, therefore he cares about us. Many ask, why would god care... (more »)

Darkstar6265 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks, I am glad that you liked it. I also really enjoyed what you said at the end of your comment, about how when you ask God for something is he going to give it to you, or is he going to give you a situation. 

bJornThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this. Your own opinion, not to prove or reject, just your own thoughts

I-Love-The-X-Men said...
@ ambnyc thats not true you cant solve all of your problems yourself because how do you think the earth was created? the big bang theory right? well theres a problem with that too if two planet things crashed into each other then how were those planets created everything has a beginning and another thing if you have children one day and something fatal were to happen to one of them and you took that child to the hospital then the hospital said they could do nothing for your fataly injured chil... (more »)

BlueRain said...
"How are we supposed to understand someone who we know nothing about?" People, even people who may be non-religious, pray to A god sometimes when they are in bad situations, because they think that if they can't fix it, and if there is even the slightest chance that there is a god, they will pray to him/her/it and see if it works. As human beings we do everything within our power to survive, and if that means praying to something that may not be there, we try it. As an agnostic, I don't like ... (more »)

dancegirl13 replied...
It's kind of crazy how much I agree with you. I can't stand when something doesn't work out for someone, so they question God instead of themselves. If people can't take responsibility for their actions and realize that they ultimately choose their destiny, they won't be able to get anywhere in life.

RaeShay replied...
Jun. 16 at 11:03 pm
God is interesting. We live in time, he doesnt. So he can see our beginning and end but he doesnt interfere, yet he does when we ask or he is needed. We can be and do whatever we want and it was all our making. He just watches, a movie he already knows the end to but cant do anything about. We arent a plan, we are just stuck within the limitsof time. But this is only my opinion on your opinion. So no offensense intended.

ambnyc This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This article is interesting, but there is a problem -- when you say "even the faithless come to Him when they are down." Actually, Atheists such as myself do not come to "God" when we are down, because we are capable of solving our own problems. Just need to point out that if anyone prays to God they clearly have faith in him; faithless wouldn't do that.

AnotherJesusFreak said...
Apr. 28, 2011 at 12:36 am

Loved it! You had me from the first sentence. I can't believe there are people who frown upon the belief of God. How can you look at this world and say there isn't a God, that we all just happened by chance.

People will back themselves up by saying religion has killed lots of people. Well so has science. Look at what America did to Japan at the end of WWII when they were forced to nuke them. Atomic bombs were created by science and are one of the most things in our world today.

AnotherJesusFreak replied...
Apr. 28, 2011 at 12:38 am
Atomic bombs are one of the most dangerous things is what I meant to say.

The_Earl_of_Zerces replied...
Actually, I can quite easily say that there is no God, and I can quite easily back up the fact that humans are just a happy accident by examining the vast girth of the Universe and the small, microscopic dot on a microscopic dot on the pimple known as the Milky Way. But I won't, because that would be mean and insulting to your beliefs, even if it is what I believe.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:10 am
Earl of zerces: you can't make a quip like "but I won't, because that would be mean and insulting to your beliefs..." in such a sarcastic and well, mean, tone. It's kind of ironic. You're hurting your own credibility here... Just thought I'd inform you of that.

JesusFreak10101 said...
This... Darkstar6265.... is a great piece of art... Yes indeed it is.... I REALLY LIKED IT!! Do you have any more work that I can read?!?!

MadMouse said...
I really love this article... Amazing job!

shrutimallik said...
well the article is pretty nice but i dont agree with the god doing miracles part ,,,,,, i dont think its god doing miracles i just think its people finally doing something good and btw i had a question if people do believe in god so much then why dont they discuss this topic with other people???and btw i am an atheist and i am proud of it!

Jan. 21, 2011 at 12:12 am
Sometimes, people who believe in God are afraid to speak his name in fear of what other people will think of them. Perhaps fear of rejection, or harm, or being cast out. People in other countries get killed for saying his name so some chose to stay quite about it. For example say you're in a classroom and you teacher says to raise your hand if you believe in X and everyone but you raises their hand because you believe in Y. Would you put your hand up to blend in with the majority? Or would you s... (more »)

shrutimallik replied...
Jan. 24, 2011 at 9:13 am
k well dats a good question and if the teacher asks  to raise hands if we believe in X and if i believe in Y then i m DEFINATELY NOT going to raise my hand ... i mean if u believe in something so much then you should atleast have the strenght to not raise your hand in class although everyone else is raising theirs...... because believing in god is not based on what your classmates or other people think but its based on what you believe.....

Lilliterra replied...

You're right, of course. That's what they should do.

About the discussing the topic with other people, isn't that what the author of this article is doing?