Being Bold | Teen Ink

Being Bold

By sammbarragn SILVER, Hemet, California
sammbarragn SILVER, Hemet, California

Do everything in love.

It is so easy to make big goals for the upcoming school year. During the summer as we clear our heads and spend our hours watching Netflix, we say next year I will have a 4.0, next year I will never ditch, next year I will turn in all of my assignments, the list could go on forever. But how easy is it to commit to those goals. How many of those goals actually are accomplished. Just like with academics, we make goals for our religion as well. We say tomorrow I will read my bible, next week I will tell them my testimony, or even now isn’t the right time. But how will we actually grow in the spirit if we don’t commit to these forgotten promises. It is definitely not easy to be bold, but it can be done. We are given opportunities everyday to share our faith. The question is if we take those opportunities. Every year on the fourth Wednesday of September, students across the nation are invited to pray with their fellow peers before school starts. This has been a recurring event since 1990. I got the opportunity to be bold with my fellow classmates as we stood against the non-religious current. For 15-20 minutes we stood around the flagpole and prayed. Teachers and students united together all for one cause, and that was to show our love for Christ. We stood praying, saying things allowed in our mini-mob of a circle, and we were bold. We prayed for faculty, for students, for trials and triumphs to pass, for anxiety, for tests,and for anything that came across our hearts. All while we could feel the eyes of other students, and we could hear the footsteps of people passing us, we prayed. We prayed because we know that our God humiliated himself so that we can have a chance to live. We prayed because we know that we worship a living God. We pray everyday because we know the truth. But as you go through your daily life, remember that you are always given opportunities to be bold for Christ. This life is only a test. It is a small fragment of what is to come.