The Misconceptions About Introverts

Introverts. You've probably met one. If you're an extrovert, then introverts may seem like a different species to you. Being an introvert, there are many misconceptions about me. I am here to disprove them. 

Introverts are sometimes believed to hate people. We do not! To be honest, I have a good amount of friends. I enjoy being with them. I just don't like them all in one place. Introverts normally hate large groups of people. We get stressed out, or just uncomfortable. For me, I get exhausted. 

Introverts truly do not mind being with a person! It's just that we need to recharge. After a couple of hours of being with you, an introvert is very tired. We need to get home, crawl into bed, and binge-watch YouTube videos. So if an introvert is with you, and he suddenly wants to leave, do not take it personally!!!

Lastly, we are not grumpy!!! We are very happy (in a group of 3 people or less). It's just that we will gradually get grumpy, because we have had too much of you. 

Oh, wait! One more thing. If you have a dog, we automatically like the dog way more than you. Don't take it personally. 

Extroverts, has this helped you? The main point is that introverts like you by yourself for a short period of time. 

bo_olsenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 5:30 pm
As an introvert myself, I agree. Something else I feel introverts do is interact more with people over the internet rather than in person. I can talk to people over the internet for a long time, but when we're face to face, I shut down and hardly ever speak to them. Is that something I just do, or everyone?

WriteFreakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 4:37 am
Every introvert does it. That's because we can lay down in bed and watch YouTube while texting.