Fist Fights | Teen Ink

Fist Fights

April 28, 2017
By FabianWilson BRONZE, Plano, Texas
FabianWilson BRONZE, Plano, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

So the other day, I saw a video online of these two people that are in a fistfight.


They were punching, screaming, and kicking at each other. Then, I see everyone just cheering them on like it's funny like or something.


And the kids taping it are not trying to stop the fight or anything they’re yelling, “Go!” “fight!” and it really makes me lose faith in humanity because these guys are hurting each other and other people, they think it's entertainment.


And there are tons of videos on the internet like this. I see them everywhere, people cheering them on and laughing. And it’s absolutely terrible to see how our generation is getting more violent and how kids these days like fights and they don't try to stop them. I don't think people realize that fighting is totally unnecessary and it should be avoided because fighting doesn't solve any problems, it only proves who can hit the hardest or who has taken more years of kung fu lessons.


Talking problems out is a much better way to solve problems. We can't go on for the rest of our lives trying to hit other people who are mean to us or are mean someone we love or they do something that makes you mad. Yeah, you guys out there are all “manly” and stuff right? It doesn’t take a man to push someone over. It doesn’t take a man to sock someone in the face. It takes a real man to show his feelings, it takes a real man to control his urges to hit someone. We have mouths for a reason, to express our feelings, and our hands and fists were not made to hit other people. By talking things out, you can get your points across without doing any physical harm, and you two can compromise instead of one ending up victorious while the other one gets laughed at.
So far in my short but eventful life I have only seen one person try and succeed to stop a street fight. And that person is a type of person who is usually stereotyped for being the main cause of fights. You see, this tells us that if we try, we can do great things by ourselves. This tells us that human beings can do the right thing what everyone else is doing the wrong thing.


Just think about it, you can stop someone from hurting another person and you can stop them from getting in trouble fighting over some beef they have. You can stop someone from making a terrible mistake and you can stop someone from acting like a wild animal just because they're mad. Yeah, it may seem funny at first that people are hitting each other, but when someone starts bleeding? When someone starts choking? Not anymore. Stop what might happen so there isn't any chance of it happening in the first place.


If you have the opportunity to do something right instead of doing something wrong that everyone else is doing, why wouldn't you do it? We always have two choices to make in life; the right one, and the wrong one.


You decide.