A Difference in the Crowd | Teen Ink

A Difference in the Crowd

October 17, 2016
By myang21 BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
myang21 BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Walking through my yard, thinking of what to capture on my phone. I have to get something extra-ordinary I thought. There is a lot that seems extra-ordinary in my yard, it's amazing but I start to think about capturing the things that aren't so extra, and take it down a few levels to add something different. This plant stood out to me because it was just different from everything else. Little plants, you can barely pay attention to. A thin stem with two leaves just barely hanging on there. So much strength that this little plant has. But plants can be different, and some can be similar. Most of the time people want to fit in with the bigger group so you don't draw a lot of attention to themselves. Some people think that when you are different, you get picked on and you can't get along as easily with others so they want to try to fit in. When you do try to fit in with the crowd, you have to change and changing is hard. When you change, you aren't yourself. You're trying to be like someone else. That's not how you're supposed to live like. If you live as yourself, you'll be more happy! Sometimes you can't fit in. No matter how hard you try, you just can't. You were born to stand out and be different from others. This is because where you fit in is not always where you belong. "Why fit in when you were born to stand out" - Dr. Suess. Being the same and fitting in is boring. Utopia is an example of everyone being the same, and having barely any differences. They want everything to be equal, and the exact same way in everything. That becomes boring very fast. Some people are born to stand out so they can inspire others to stand out. You just need to express what you like, dislike, what you feel, and how you live. Successful people didn't succeed by being like everybody else. They were their own self, they were being unique because being different entertains more people. Difference leads you in success. Difference leads you into happiness. Difference leads you to be YOU.