The Value of Disempowerment | Teen Ink

The Value of Disempowerment

By TheNerdOfSerendipity SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
TheNerdOfSerendipity SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada

The value of disempowerment is not in the relishing of lowered state, but the education one can glean from within this unique mindset. If we are at a point of low, then much we can learn as we look up. To compare realities, be it ones we held and ones we wish, is but the unique resource he is entitled after being cheated by life. Know, men who learn are capable, armed in the gifts from the passage of time. They who has grown resilient to struggle. They who has grown in the act of patience. They who has grown into maturity through hardships. But if only they wish to learn,and is so, then he shall. This state of disempowerment allows for reflection. Reflection no longer blindfolded by the concealment of pride or sloth. In disempowerment, the flesh may not be one to be greeted well, but the mind is in euphoria if not clouded from disdain that is not constructive. Disdain, in the nature of the environment, is not inherently good or bad, but  mere proponent to the man it lies within. If the man grows with grudged disdain, then they may come locked in prison to shelter himself from both the world and pain, and as such, constructive progress, if at all, comes to be based in fiction. Yet, this disdain, though not pleasant, comes to compel a man to act if used to propel himself. This act, yet present, is still but the choice of the man. This choice is the act of learning, and in learning, men can grow to be more and better. In the nature of suffrage comes reflection. In the nature of reflection come realization. And in the nature of realization, comes value, wherever he may see it in. This realization may not be the entitlement to the riches of the Earth or the promise of eternal happiness, but it is something more. It brings satisfaction to the life of men, wherever it may lead him to come to achieve it in. Men are flawed in body and so in spirit as well, but yet a satisfied man is whole. We, who were born flawed, comes to be complete through growth. That is the both the meaning and miracle of life, to have that which comes bread from the power of disempowerment. To be that is flawed, yet comes to ascend to a spirit that is complete in itself, is the boon triumphed from labor. That is the power of disempowerment.