We Can Do It! | Teen Ink

We Can Do It!

June 15, 2016
By Anonymous

Throughout the world there are 21,000 people dying but the sad thing is most of them are young, innocent children which deserve a healthy life as maybe like you reading this. Yet there is plenty of food and water in the world the problem is the families suffering with poverty are trapped, poor and helpless. They lack food and water to nourish themselves but if they don't eat or drink they are weak and often can become very sick. If they become sick they can work, so no money, no food or water. Eventually it could lead to death but there are effective programs help with people struggling. But I believe we can do something about this, if you even donate a bit of money, that could get a meal for someone, a drink of water, everything counts. If one person can change a persons life, what would happen is we all did something. The death rate would definitely go down. In 2010 the poverty line of poverty for a single adult, based on the OECD standard of 50% of median income, was $358 a week, for a couple with 2 children it was $752 a week. Can you imagine what it is now. While we sit and read this, we are comfortable when others arent, we are greedy when some dont have anything, we are unthankful when children have nothing to thank. I advise you to think about what I'm trying to say, you could make a family or persons day change.


The author's comments:

I believe that we as people sitting comfortably in iur warm beds to help out a child or a family that is in need.