Thoughts at the Park | Teen Ink

Thoughts at the Park MAG

By Emma Heldman BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
Emma Heldman BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

It's warmer now but there's still snow on the ground. Snow and plastic wrappers and paper and cigarettes. When will be The Day We Clean It All Up? When will be The Day We Clean Ourselves Up? You stole those sunglasses from the store we went to last night but when everyone at the party put them on I told them the glasses belong to you. Who does anything really belong to? Who do we belong to? In my dream last night the stoplights only worked sometimes. When they worked I asked “Who is this an act of?” and the voice replied “Man.” When they stopped working and the cars still drove on, I asked “Who is this an act of?” and the voice replied “God.” When will be The Day We Claim What We Believe In? When will be The Day Our Beliefs Claim Us? The door at the park is narrow and long. It looks like it is made for a narrow and long person. When will be The Day We Have Structure Which Fits Everybody? When Will be The Day We Have No Structure at all? Structure and stoplights. The Day We Cleaned Ourselves Up. Doors and property. The Day We Decided Who It All Belongs To. Plastic wrappers and stealing. The Day We Claimed Our Beliefs. It's warmer now but there's still snow on the ground.

Noella said...

This is the best piece of writing I have read in a long time on here. There are no words to describe this.

It is beautiful, and breathtaking, and it left me speechless. It is an aye opener, and it really makes you think.