Solution to the Gun Problem | Teen Ink

Solution to the Gun Problem

By tyrekm BRONZE, Petal, Mississippi
tyrekm BRONZE, Petal, Mississippi

Dealing with the gun control issue, could have you considering either side, which is having the right to own a weapon or banning the ownership of a firearm. There’re multiple  tales and crimes where people believe that guns are helpful tools and/or killing machines.”Pro-Gun Control article : Making Gun Control Happen by Patrick Winkler Keefe displays the pro-gun control side; Whereas Gun Control Article 6 “The Great Cop-Out explains the importance of keeping the right to bear arms. In my view, guns are helpful tools especially in major crisis where help is nowhere to be found. I believe putting strict regulations on gun owning and purchasing wouldn’t not make a difference.

The idea of requiring a background check or even regulating the type of guns you can purchase will not prevent murders. Throughout the article “Making Gun Control Happen” the author, Patrick Radden Keefe, states that one important change would be to “mandate a criminal background check for all gun purchases “obviously that wouldn’t stop criminals from getting their hands on guns stated by Patrick. Criminals already do/receive things illegally. Although requiring a background check sounds remarkable, separating the good people from the bad, but that requirement would only impact citizens that follow the law. It also wouldn’t impact those who wish to purchase a weapon to solve a problem or a person who has encounter a situation, where they want to kill multiple of others.

However, if someone shows bravery during a tragic situation, dealing with a weapon, could put possibly put fear in the mass shooters or those planning to do a mass shooting mind, which could help prevent future shootings. In the article, Gun Control: The Great Cop-Out, Jared Machaud wrote about a mass shooting incident, which ended in someone shooting the shooter before he could kill many innocent americans. “ how much more difficult would it be for the next month scum to … murder innocent civilians with the knowledge of how he would be met by normal, gun-carrying citizens stated by Jared. Like Jared stated by the killer possibly knowing that one of the civilians could have a firearm could change his mind about going through with the killing spree. Having the ability to carry a firearm is protective on thyself and protective for those who can’t carry one. There are instances where owning a gun can prevent the conflict before anyone who is suitable to help arrive.

Gun control is an enormous debatable topic, which would rise if they banned the right to own a gun because how would we protect ourselves or others. Although keeping the gun law the same, we could expect the recent tragedies that have happen in the past, but in order to keep our future safe we should keep the gun law legal.