Brothers and Their Annoyance | Teen Ink

Brothers and Their Annoyance

January 28, 2016
By MaranoJM11061 BRONZE, Springfield, Ohio
MaranoJM11061 BRONZE, Springfield, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My brother is like a disease you just can’t get rid of. Once you invite him into anything you immediately regret it. He tries to make it to where he is in control of everything. If one thing goes wrong because of what he says to do though he blames it on someone else even though he just didn’t think it through.
     

When my brother kicks, punches, or even bites me I get angry and push him around to show him he’s not big and bad like he acts. Really, when it comes down to it he is just a wimp who tries to be cool.
     

Even if what I do is an accident, he still runs to our parents and tells on me and I get grounded. It gets fairly annoying after a while of the same exact schemes over and over again.


All my parents say is, “It’s his job to annoy you.” When I get back at him they say, “Your supposed to be the mature one here.” And I get in trouble… again.
     

When I`m messing with my brother, and then he starts to get mad at me, he tells my parents that I am messing with him, and that he has something to do, even though he is in his room playing video games. And then, when it is reversed: I’m in my room playing video games; he tries to kick me out of my room to work on homework witch is really not his homework, but merely a coloring book.
     

I remember one time I was having a group of friends over for a party. It was my birthday and I had a reason to have friends over, so my brother thinks that it is a good idea to lie about something he did and blame it on me. So there I was sitting in my room on my birthday while MY brother was playing with MY friends.
     

My brother loves to see me, but only when I’m in trouble, the rest of the time he’s either getting me in trouble or ignoring me completely. I don’t know if he hates me or if he just likes to get me in trouble but it is constant and I can’t take much more or I’m going to go insane.
   

 Lying, cheating, getting people in trouble… it’s my brother’s specialty. As I hope you can see, he is one of the most annoying people in the history of annoyance. Therefore, for those who have the same experience as me, put a little time away for a hobby or a sport to get your anger out and your mind off of siblings. My reason for saying so is because if you ball up your anger for a long time you will be like a bomb, eventually you will explode (I speak from experience). No one would like to be around a ticking time bomb. So, take half an hour and express yourself in anyway you please to exert that “negative energy” and you will feel relieved beyond words can express.


The author's comments:

What inspired me to write about this piece is that my brother had always been "on a mission" to get me in trouble and I wanted to get the story out. Also I have wanted to publish one of my writings for a very long time and then I got the chance so I took it.