Knowing Yourself | Teen Ink

Knowing Yourself

January 27, 2016
By Jarelysolis BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas
Jarelysolis BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The most important thing in life is knowing who you are. At the age of seventeen my friend Maria knew who she was without second guessing herself, although she struggled with school and family she told  me once, “ People are really hypocritical, they told me I wasn’t going to become the doctor I want to be and I just laughed because they don’t know me like I know me, they down know what im capable of.”
 

Would Maria be able to reply with that confidence if she didn’t know herself? In any situation her response fits perfectly. Knowing yourself helps you in many aspects of your life, some that you may not even think of. When you grow up everything that comes into your life is a cause of you, how much work you put into something can determine the job you get, how you treat others depends who comes into your life, how you feel about yourself determines the type of atmosphere you surround yourself with.
 

Determine who you are and the life you want. When you know yourself better than anyone else, you will find all the right things you seek.