Is Technology Causing a Lack in Social Skills? | Teen Ink

Is Technology Causing a Lack in Social Skills?

November 19, 2015
By Anonymous

We all love to check our Instagram once in while, we even texts for ours on Kik about laughable memories or even just drop a ''Hey'' while moving foward with our daily lifes. Yes, technology improved over the years and yes it's magnificently improved in the medical field as well but, when it comes to socail skills is the technology really improving the way we interract with each other? I understand that this is the 21st century but, what about actually talking to people face to face without looking at your phone looking at pointless posts on social media? or even something that irrates me the most, doing something stupid just to get internt famous. What??!. We've come to a point in society that we have become so socially disconnected with the world, that were actually living online, yes seriousily. Trust me it's not just the kids/teens of this generation that's doing this yes I'm talking to you grannies your gulity of being so socailly disconnected too. Now, I'm not saying that technology/internt,etc. is bad it's just that we need to learn how to use technology in a way that doesn't seem so ''Oh my god this generation is going down the s***hole'' but in a way we can use it without being over the top with it. Instead of making these stupid, and utterly dangerous even deadly challenges,we should be making people lives better and making the world a better place. It may seem I'm getting off topic here but, the point I'm trying to make here is we should cut down on some things with technology, try going outside just for once, and from my hear to these famous, successful people in the world please make music and tv shows, hell even movies with a life lesson a true meaning, and something we can actually relate to. To be honest tehnology has helped with many things but, also made worst things more worst.

 

Cyberbullying is probabltly the most disturbing things I've ever seen, not only that just think of how many teens will be here if it wasn't for cyberbullying, Exactly. It's bad enough kids get bullied at school, why do it somewhere where everyone is watching? It sickens me. Sadly, this isn't in my control technology is just gonna get more advanced but, you know how we can control it? We can use it in a way where we can still take control of our lives and not be lazy in the meantime. I hope you got something out of this, hopefully I will be making more articles about htings like this. Till next time, Blessings.