Stop Animal Testing | Teen Ink

Stop Animal Testing

By jessicamarshall BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
jessicamarshall BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana

Animal testing needs to come to an end. Burning, cutting, and beating innocent animals are not, and will never be okay. Some animal testing statistics state “More than 100 million animals are poisoned, burned, crippled, and abused in other ways in U.S. labs each year.” That shouldn’t happen. These animals don’t have a say in getting tested on. This kind of cruelty is horrifying. The government needs to make animal testing illegal. Most of these experiments are ineffective. Animals do not get all the diseases that humans do. Even though the medicine works in the animals, they often don’t work in humans. Leaving the animals to be tested on for no reason. They are abusing poor animals for no good. Studies show “95% of drugs fail in human trials despite promising results in animal tests – whether on safety grounds or because they do not work.” The tests that these scientists are doing are unreliable and needs to be stopped. A drug that is used to treat Arthritis, Vioxx, is safe in monkeys, but is causing “around 320,000 heart attacks and strokes and 140,000 deaths worldwide.”  So why keep harming these animals if no good if coming from them.

How would you feel if you had gotten beaten, thrown, or set on fire? Animals have emotions. Animals are innocent and loving, dogs specifically. All they want to do is love their master. They are “Mans best friend.” They have feelings. They aren’t just toys to pick and prod at. They should be treated with more respect than they are getting now. For someone to be able to look these innocent animals and continuously experiment on them breaks my heart. If someone experimented on you like they experiment on animals, how would you feel?  People need to stop experimenting on poor innocent animals just to test new makeup or medicine. There needs to be another way. Some scientists have discovered a new way to test medicine. That method is called Vitro testing. If we can get the other animal testing companies to switch, there would be no harmful animal testing. Scientist would be getting research and not have to harm animals. Everyone would be happy. Everyone should help end animal cruelty. Help save a poor animal's life. We need to put a stop to animal testing.