The Name of Our Beautiful Mind | Teen Ink

The Name of Our Beautiful Mind

By qtewari21 SILVER, Lucknow, Other
qtewari21 SILVER, Lucknow, Other

first duty in life is to be as superficial as possible. what the second duty is, nobody has found out.

Swami Vivekanand said,"Education is not the amount of information that is put into your brain and runs riots there, undigested, all your life. We must have life-building, man-making, character-making assimilation of ideas. If you have assimilated five ideas and made them your life and character, you have more education than any man who has got by heart a whole library. We want that education by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expanded, and by which one can stand on one’s own feet". 
A human’s mind is constrained to his or hers own reimbursement and fatalities, their minds are too predisposed by the wellbeing of their bodies and their surroundings, we only think of our own prospects, own present and own precedent. Humans fail to realise that they cannot and were not bound to exist individually. The survival of the human race is directly or indirectly affected by their surroundings, humans were bound to exist and live as a class, as a group, as a species. Similarly, we should not let our minds be inhibited and decisive to our zone; everything in this solar system, galaxy, and cosmos not only affects the earth but also affects the life on earth and if the life on earth is affected in turn it affects us individually. Everything that possesses subsistence, everything in the perpetuity and beyond affects us in turn. From the day humans came onto this earth they have not been able to discover the dimensions, the capacities, the vastness and the greatness of their own mind, what kind of things our minds are able to perform. A normal human utilises only one fourth of his mind, the rest of the space is whacked. The day when humans break through the precincts, exceed the confines; discover the veiled, obscured treasure that lies under a cross; a cross on which we have been standing all these years. That day, no one of the earth will be blemished and we will march onto to the road of evolution and betterment. ‘It sometimes happens that you live your life in chains and the key was right there in your hands”.

We all have an innate and acquired store house of capabilities and potentialities but the big question is how much of it do we put to use. The self actualizing theory propagated by Abraham Maslow deals with the phenomenon of realizing you potential. From the huge store of capabilities we only use bits and pieces which come through the effortless efforts which push us only to the mere 5 to 10%. Complete utilisation of potentials does not limit you to just the academic performance but to definitely a better perspective which includes adaptation, flexibility, abstract thinking, divergent thinking which covers several spheres of life. Something which is very important in terms of utilization of capabilities is the process of self analysis. It is a mirroring process through which an individual comes directly in contact with the internal aspects of his personality which include strengths, growing edges, positives and negatives. This helps him to guide himself, motivate himself, improve himself and finally prove himself.

But then why have we been stagnant all this time? What went wrong? Humans have a generalized tendency to be accepted by the society. For to be accepted is a pre-prepared state of preparedness. From the beginning of time man was forced by a supreme to do only his part. Till this date the society enforces on us some restrictions and some pre-decided set of rules. It always tells us not to cross the border, be where you are. The curiosity, the creativity inside our minds is butchered from the moment we step in the world. Each day, every day we are told by others to hide, control ourselves. We are forced to know the known and to believe that the unknown is a myth. The society has its own reasons behind daunting such regulations. That is fear. The fear of being harmed, the fear of being changed and the fear of being questioned. But what has been stopping the man from flying high? It is again fear. The fear of disaffiliation, losing belongingness and acceptability in the society.

But it’s been two million years since we came onto this earth, for all these years did nobody found out the truth of our acumen? Some people did, the chosen ones amongst us, some radiant minds did incarcerate the quintessence of the human psyche. Those known as ‘Super Humans. The super humans were venerated by the masses. In fact, the idolization of a human figure laid the basis of the god theory, people believed of them as the chosen people who could perform things that people had never imagined. This fissure between the so called super beings and the common man was via ducted by crafting the term, ‘God’. The god theory stated that there is a divine power that exists somewhere who had sent these preferred people for the betterment of humanity. The gods like Christ, Prophet Muhammad, Abraham, Confucius, Ram, Buddha, Mahavira were no different from us. They were all humans but the disparity between them and us is that they went into the profundity of their mind and explored the anonymous. This is what created a discrepancy. This is what detached them from the universal. The day when the enlightenment of the human race takes place, it will be the day when every human will be super human. That day man will be become divine.

Somehow we have misunderstood academics to be education. What does the child do with science, if he does not understand the science of life? We teach our children to read and memorise history, but we don’t teach them to create history. What will a child do with his first and second and third languages, if his communication skills are not developed? Let me not be misunderstood. I am not saying that academics is nothing; I am only asserting that academics alone does not complete education. Academics is one aspect of child’s development and not the only aspect. Academics will aid life, but academics is not life. Do not make them cram as it only involves the input and output process and skips the thinking and analyzing lines. That can prove to be fatal for a budding brain.

Relationships are the very fabric of life. Communication is the life line of relationships. Success is all about leadership- you will either lead or will be lead. Where your time goes, there your future comes. So, time management skills, in essence, are life management skills. You can either be dependable or dependent, and that depends on your self-image. The sad fact is that none of the above mentioned life-essentials is part of our academics system. So, please, parents, teachers and other custodians of a child’s future, let us not confine the child to a syllabus. Let us expose them to life, and of course, also to academics. Let us not only count their marks, but also make their life count.

At this point of time I feel humanity to be incarcerated under the fear of a supreme power. It is covert and subjugated under some force acting down on it. But it is said that people need hard times and oppression for stretching of psychic muscles. Now is the time to think, to assess, to scrutinize, to apply logic, to question, to articulate, to conclude, to discern, to explore, to go out and scream,” I thought!”and the echoes will be heard by the generations to come.

Do not fear to be open-minded, your brain is not going to fall out.

Minds are not vessels to be filled, but fires to be kindled.